Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Paddock Wood, Kent meet... anyone else want to join?

Paddock Wood, Kent meet... anyone else want to join?

Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:30 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paddock Wood, Kent meet... anyone else want to join?

Originally Posted by bridiej
Or a hat with corks on it
Oh no i havent got a hat or tail ill be the one looking really nervous!!!

This is our first meet and looking forward to it!!

Kris
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:39 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Oh no i havent got a hat or tail ill be the one looking really nervous!!!

This is our first meet and looking forward to it!!

Kris

Dont worry Kris, I'll be nervous too!!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

PhilShila will become famous soon enoughPhilShila will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by poppet
Anyone know whether it's easy to get cabs from Tonbridge or Paddock Wood stations?

Trains from London to Beltring take 1.5 hours, so I figure it's best to get a train to Tonbridge (only 40 mins) or Paddock Wood (1 hour) and then get a cab to the hop farm.

Could drive - but then can't

Phil (bush hat - no corks)
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PhilShila
Anyone know whether it's easy to get cabs from Tonbridge or Paddock Wood stations?

Trains from London to Beltring take 1.5 hours, so I figure it's best to get a train to Tonbridge (only 40 mins) or Paddock Wood (1 hour) and then get a cab to the hop farm.

Now that's dedication to the cause!!!

Can't help with the cabs sorry - we're east kent.....but I can't imagine no taxis at either - both largish stations I think.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

the woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Are you anywhere near us (Rochford)? Its alright, I'm not after a lift, I'm just being incredibly nosey!

Netta
Hi John Netta

Thats alright be as nosey as you like !! We are not too far from you, we live in Harold Wood. I see you have plans to go to Brisbane in only 9 weeks :scared: we went there last Christmas and loved it, stayed on the Sunshine coast then Brisbane city visiting friends. Have you been there before ?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinl
This move being the smallest, at least its practice Sue. (does that make sense)
Put the house up with Village last Monday, on at the price they recommended, its on the net, the boards up....... no interest at all .
Still no Visa either.

Kevin

Hi Kevin...I know what you mean

Village were really good, my sisters house has just gone up with them to...she has only had 1 viewing around they have told her that things are very quiet at the moment...hang in there mate!! early days, it will pick up...send you some good luck K for selling and visas

Sue x
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the woodys
Hi John Netta

Thats alright be as nosey as you like !! We are not too far from you, we live in Harold Wood. I see you have plans to go to Brisbane in only 9 weeks :scared: we went there last Christmas and loved it, stayed on the Sunshine coast then Brisbane city visiting friends. Have you been there before ?
Good morning to the Woodys,
Yes we've been to visit 6 times before! First couple of times we only really stayed in Brisbane overnight and then headed off to the touristy places like O'reillys, Couran Cove, Fraser Island, etc. Then we started property hunting in and around Brisbane after we'd decided that Sydney had become far too expensive. We eventually bought a house on our visa validation trip in May, and we managed to negotiate a long settlement period, so we don't actually complete until 9th September, though we exchanged contracts very quickly. Our house is about 5k from Brisbane CBD, a very pleasant river cat trip to get to the City and beyond. (very close to Oxford Street).
We've still got a property to sell in Rochford, but whatever happens we'll still be moving to Brisbane on 9th. Have you decided where you are headed?

Netta
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Eivets is an unknown quantity at this point

JG04's other half checking in. Hi y'all!
Gameplan for sunday:
1) Arrive early
2) Wear inappropriate Oz clobber
3)
4)
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:51 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eivets
JG04's other half checking in. Hi y'all!
Gameplan for sunday:
1) Arrive early
2) Wear inappropriate Oz clobber
3)
4)
I like the cut of your jib

Your avatar isn't too shabby either
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Hi there,
We are going to Paddock Wood, multi map (if it's reliable ) says Hop Farm is only 1.2 miles from station. Walking distance? Maybe not! Cab it is then hopefully.

Originally Posted by PhilShila

Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

the woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Good morning to the Woodys,
Yes we've been to visit 6 times before! First couple of times we only really stayed in Brisbane overnight and then headed off to the touristy places like O'reillys, Couran Cove, Fraser Island, etc. Then we started property hunting in and around Brisbane after we'd decided that Sydney had become far too expensive. We eventually bought a house on our visa validation trip in May, and we managed to negotiate a long settlement period, so we don't actually complete until 9th September, though we exchanged contracts very quickly. Our house is about 5k from Brisbane CBD, a very pleasant river cat trip to get to the City and beyond. (very close to Oxford Street).
We've still got a property to sell in Rochford, but whatever happens we'll still be moving to Brisbane on 9th. Have you decided where you are headed?

Netta

Hi Netta

Morning Woody, sounds a bit ominous !!

Sounds like you have found a great place, I'm sure you and John will be very happy there. What made you decide on Brisbane ?
When we went over last Christmas we stayed in Brisbane which was great but as we were travelling with four kids we have never got to see any of the other cities. Everyone seems to have a different opinion about each place, I have heard lots of positive things about Perth so we are hoping to go back soon and check it out before we finally decide, seems like you get a little more for your money there. We also have family in Melbourne, but that city seems to provoke a mixed reaction from people I have spoken to.
So far I have had my skills positively assessed by AIM (second time lucky) we are now just ploughing through the rest of the application.

Take Care

Dave and Jo
Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:47 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JG04
Hi there,
We are going to Paddock Wood, multi map (if it's reliable ) says Hop Farm is only 1.2 miles from station. Walking distance? Maybe not! Cab it is then hopefully.
Busy country roads, no foot path, probably not a good idea to walk.

Have to go to a family party(in laws) down on the coast on Sat night/Sunday so will miss the meet unfortunately, have a good time everyone.

Is there enough people for a Sidcup meet ?
For a relatively small area seems like quite a few people from around here.
Probably why there are no house viewers, everyones leaving.

Kevin
Old Jun 30th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=the woodys]Hi Netta

Morning Woody, sounds a bit ominous !!

Sounds like you have found a great place, I'm sure you and John will be very happy there. What made you decide on Brisbane ?

Morning Dave and Jo! Will talk to you more on Sunday but in conclusion :
a) Sydney - would have been our first choice but all the suburbs we liked were far too expensive. We have family here at Coogee, and Maroubra, but they can jump on a plane and be with us in an hour (excluding airport waiting time) so the distance from family is not an issue, in fact my cousin flies to Brisbane at least twice a week on business.
b) Melbourne - great place, affordable, but we felt it was very similar to home, i.e very European in feel and at times bloody cold! We wanted something a bit different.
c) Perth - another great place but FAR too isolated for us. Hated the flies, although I understand that's a seasonal thing. Weather superb, beaches beautiful, but somewhere we would prefer to visit, rather than live. We also found the city a little more intimidating - a few more troublemakers around - but absolutely nothing in comparison to U.K. Also I have no doubt that we will eventually experience this in Brisbane, but in all our visits so far we have always felt very safe. Just a personal thing. No offence intended.
d) Brisbane - much smaller than Sydney & Melbourne but has everything. Great city. Great feel. Fantastic weather (though might be a bit hot for some in the midst of summer). Beautiful weather in winter. Can drive to the Sunshine coast, can drive to the Gold Coast, can cool off in the hinterland, much more relaxed than Melb/Syd. Property much more affordable. Good expat community (if thats important to you), just really friendly and laid back. We love it. Oh - and it's got the cuddliest koalas ever, at the Lone Pine sanctuary! And a cup of coffee at the top of Mt. Cootha will take your breath away. We just love it, but that's a very personal decision. Each to their own as they say!

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday
John & Netta
Old Jun 30th 2005, 9:35 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
Looking forward to Sunday just wondering how many if any kids are going?
We have 3 ages 3,12,9!
We are bringing them but if they will be the only ones may try and get babysitter!

Cheers
Kris
Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinl
Busy country roads, no foot path, probably not a good idea to walk.

Have to go to a family party(in laws) down on the coast on Sat night/Sunday so will miss the meet unfortunately, have a good time everyone.

Is there enough people for a Sidcup meet ?
For a relatively small area seems like quite a few people from around here.
Probably why there are no house viewers, everyones leaving.

Kevin
There are quite a few from our area would be up for a meet before we go..some of us have meet up already

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.