Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Packers Due in on Monday!!!!

Packers Due in on Monday!!!!

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice
Default Packers Due in on Monday!!!!

The time has finally come, the packers arrive on Moday, no idea what time as they have not told us!!

Any tips on things we should do whilst they are here? They are due to be here for 4 days!

We are then staying with family for six weeks until we fly, that is more daunting at the moment than going, which member will I lose it with first!!!!

Getting closer now.
Kat x
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packers Due in on Monday!!!!

Just make sure that all passports and any documentation are out of the way so that they don't pack them.

I also asked for a couple of boxes myself to so that I could pack my own clothes and knicker draw

Oh, and make sure you have plenty of refreshment and most importantly, choccy bisuits - to keep them sweet

Mandy
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Ha ha yes the thought of them doing that drawer does not appeal to me!

Must get the biscuits seeing as though they do not exist in our house, boring I know!!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and don't forget, no one can have a drink once the kettle, cups etc have been packed. They left those until last of course Plastic cups?

Mandy
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
The time has finally come, the packers arrive on Moday, no idea what time as they have not told us!!

Any tips on things we should do whilst they are here? They are due to be here for 4 days!

We are then staying with family for six weeks until we fly, that is more daunting at the moment than going, which member will I lose it with first!!!!

Getting closer now.
Kat x

Good luck guys

We are also having the packers in Monday....... We should be sorting out today but are suffering with big heads due to have our farewell party last night. I guess we'll be extra busy tomorrow!

All the best with your move

Kate
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

Make sure all the stuff you are going to take on the plane with you and in your suitcases are well away from the packers aswell as travel documents. Our packers were great but if it wasn't nailed down it got packed.

I nearly had a heart attack a few days later when I couldn't find our passports and had a horrible feeling that they had been packed! Luckily my husband had moved them out of their way and hadn't told me.

All the best with the packing.

Sarah.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi there,

Make sure all the stuff you are going to take on the plane with you and in your suitcases are well away from the packers aswell as travel documents. Our packers were great but if it wasn't nailed down it got packed.

I nearly had a heart attack a few days later when I couldn't find our passports and had a horrible feeling that they had been packed! Luckily my husband had moved them out of their way and hadn't told me.

All the best with the packing.

Sarah.
Sarah

Thanks for the tip! We are in total chaos, only we could leave it to the last day! I have two teenage girls trying to decide what they are taking in the case and it 22:05 :curse:.

Move out Tuesday and leave on 02/10/07 and arrive 05/10/07 see there! Have a safe flight yourself and a wonderful new life down under

All the best

Kate
xx
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

God other half is doing my head in!!! Just lost his passport so panick for a while, then remembered it was on the scanner from days ago when he needed copies for something!!!!

I may just ensure he is packed tomorrow along with all the other things!!! Six weeks of peace here I come!

Still no idea what time the packers arrive, but chocolate biscuits are in place and coffee. Son is off to Nana's for the week before we move in with them too.

Getting close now.

Kat xx
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
God other half is doing my head in!!! Just lost his passport so panick for a while, then remembered it was on the scanner from days ago when he needed copies for something!!!!

I may just ensure he is packed tomorrow along with all the other things!!! Six weeks of peace here I come!

Still no idea what time the packers arrive, but chocolate biscuits are in place and coffee. Son is off to Nana's for the week before we move in with them too.

Getting close now.

Kat xx
Chill woman, it's all under control ;-)

The better half!!!!

Gary x x x