Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Resume Template??

Resume Template??

Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Resume Template??

Morning all - as part of my trying to do something constructive whilst waiting month (or so), my next task is to get my CV all Aussie Resume style, as im sure i have read somewhere it is all presented differently down under
Can anyone point me in the right direction of an online Resume Template please
Thanks
Mandy
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resume Template??

Originally Posted by daunted
Morning all - as part of my trying to do something constructive whilst waiting month (or so), my next task is to get my CV all Aussie Resume style, as im sure i have read somewhere it is all presented differently down under
Can anyone point me in the right direction of an online Resume Template please
Thanks
Mandy

There's not really any right or wrong way to write one for here. Same rules apply, you need to get them to notice it - ie; it's quality not quantity that matters

Here's some sites that'll help http://www.careerone.com.au/jobs/job...ve-your-resume

http://www.rockportinstitute.com/powerwords.html

http://www.businessballs.com/curriculum.htm
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:14 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

good ol' Wendy...never lets you down

Lee
Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy - you are a star
Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
good ol' Wendy...never lets you down

Lee

Hey! - less of the old
Your welcome
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:38 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

I have kept my CV the same as in Uk and fired it off to places i have got 5 places that i have got to ring up when we were supposed to get there in September.

i have got to mail them with the bad news and tell em i wnt be there til april next year.

But they have been really good and i dnt seem to have any issues with my CV not being Oz enuff.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
I have kept my CV the same as in Uk and fired it off to places i have got 5 places that i have got to ring up when we were supposed to get there in September.

i have got to mail them with the bad news and tell em i wnt be there til april next year.

But they have been really good and i dnt seem to have any issues with my CV not being Oz enuff.

Thanks - Im sure April will be soon be here - Ill probably only be off then myself too at this rate
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:58 pm
JinViv

rkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nice

For the sort of jobs that I am applying for, I have to meet ALL of the essential criteria for the job. So, if for example, they say "have knowledge of Commonwealth/State Legislation", I am not sure of how I answer this part of the criteria. Do I say, "yes I have some knowledge of ..." or do I have to demostrate how I gained this knowledge (through searching on the net, reading material etc) or... what?

In most cases, I can meet 90% of the criteria but they categorically state that if I don't meet the criteria 100%, they won't even look any further into my application. That straightaway puts a big NO-NO on my application. How do you get past that? I find that the criteria is so extensive, that to apply for the job, I'd have to have lived here all my life, worked in the field all my working life and now I might be coming close to retirement so I qualify to apply fo the job. Sorry, that's how it feels at the moment.

I find it very confusing.

Jin
Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:53 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I wish I had spent time updating my CV before I got here! - Anyway I have found this link quite useful Click Here- also on the SEEK site it gives good advice particularly for those applying for jobs which are a change from what they are doing currently - it says decide how many rejection letters you will get (basically they say 100-150 would be normal) - I think its a good tip so I'm only going to get despondent when I get to that many - I'll count no responses in that as well.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
I wish I had spent time updating my CV before I got here! - Anyway I have found this link quite useful Click Here- also on the SEEK site it gives good advice particularly for those applying for jobs which are a change from what they are doing currently - it says decide how many rejection letters you will get (basically they say 100-150 would be normal) - I think its a good tip so I'm only going to get despondent when I get to that many - I'll count no responses in that as well.
100 - 150?? OMG!!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

100 - 150?? OMG!!!!!
I reckon am on about that right now. But got through to third stage for that to go ahead tomorrow, my resume was reduced for this job and I feel has made a massive difference. I did ask for feedback from myCV though and was told to leave it, so glad have reduced it down.

I spoke with a careers guy and he gave me templates, which are similar to wendys links x really well worth doing Mand. Good Luck love. x
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:02 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Well thanks to Mandy - for starting the thread that made me start updating my CV (+ the rain for no excuse to go anywhere) and to Wendy's tips I have now applied for my first ever job in Oz. Now waiting for rejection 1/100! I am trying to convert from being an adult ed IT tutor in the UK (started life as a an IT techie) to a professional business trainer here so thats why I'm being pessimistic - but have to start somewhere. If I get the job I'll owe you 2 a drink somehow
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well thanks to Mandy - for starting the thread that made me start updating my CV (+ the rain for no excuse to go anywhere) and to Wendy's tips I have now applied for my first ever job in Oz. Now waiting for rejection 1/100! I am trying to convert from being an adult ed IT tutor in the UK (started life as a an IT techie) to a professional business trainer here so thats why I'm being pessimistic - but have to start somewhere. If I get the job I'll owe you 2 a drink somehow

Will keep everything crossed for you...lets hope you don't get to 10 never mind 100
Old Aug 19th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I reckon am on about that right now. But got through to third stage for that to go ahead tomorrow, my resume was reduced for this job and I feel has made a massive difference. I did ask for feedback from myCV though and was told to leave it, so glad have reduced it down.

I spoke with a careers guy and he gave me templates, which are similar to wendys links x really well worth doing Mand. Good Luck love. x
Thanks babe, glad to hear you settling in well Cant wait for it to be my turn!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey you one fast worker!! Good luck with the applications - keep us informed and i look forward to that drink soon as i get over there xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.