Ozzie SOH !

Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough
Default Ozzie SOH !

Hiya - I have just been reading the "back to the UK" forum (for my sins!!), only because we have applied for our 136 visa's and have never set foot in Australia, and just wanted to see why people were coming back to Blighty, and reading through some of the posts in the thread "That one vital thing that drives us back... " the general attitude from lots of people is that Ozzies don't have a sense of humour and are generally unfriendly, I have heard the total opposite from people that have visited who say they are much friendlier than people in the UK (although my partner will find out for himself when he goes on our fact-finding mission to the Sunshine Coast in November).

We have lots of reasons for emigrating to Oz, mainly to give our 3 children a better lifestyle.

Perhaps some of you who are actually living in Oz could shead some light?

Cheers - Sally
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ozzie SOH !

I have noticed the same thing on the "Back to UK" forum. It's a long time since I was in Aus but will be back in July next year - yeeeeessss! From what I have read, when some people come back because it hasn't worked out, they find it hard to think of positive things about Aus. Understandable, they are down and its hard to "look on the bright side". Generalisation doesn't work on any subject so I wouldn't worry. You get out what you put in - go over and be friendly and outgoing and I am sure you will get the same in return. They must have a sense of humour - they play Aussie Rules