Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ozforex or HIFX??

Ozforex or HIFX??

Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Julie3w is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ozforex or HIFX??

Can anyone recommend the best one to use to transfer money into a Westpac account?
Thanks Julie
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Herusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ozforex or HIFX??

I personally chose Ozforex,looked at HiFx as well.

Registered with OZforex and within 20mins of doing the online application I had a phone call from them to confirm everything.

Same again when I transferred fund to Westpac.

So far I can't fault them.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herusix
I personally chose Ozforex,looked at HiFx as well.

Registered with OZforex and within 20mins of doing the online application I had a phone call from them to confirm everything.

Same again when I transferred fund to Westpac.

So far I can't fault them.
Ozforex. I also recommend you ditch the Westpac account. They almost went under a few years back and when the coming financial apocalypse arrives in Oz they will go under along with all your savings.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:51 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
when the coming financial apocalypse arrives in Oz

Pretty pessimistic I think! While of course possible, highly unlikely I think. I won't be making a withdrawl from my Westpac account to be on that!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Renth,
When the apocalypse arrives in Oz I am definitely going to move my savings and invest in it.

I think 'apocalypses' have broadly outperformed traditional unitised or with-profit saving vehicles over the last 50 odd years.

Also I think Evantel should reconsider his stance regarding not moving his money in the direction of apocalypse investments.

HKA
x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
Ozforex. I also recommend you ditch the Westpac account. They almost went under a few years back and when the coming financial apocalypse arrives in Oz they will go under along with all your savings.
Good to see not eveyone is so bullish! The Australian economy is a bubble economy in many respects (commodity and asset prices are way into bubble territory) and will have a severe economic downturn at some point. It's picking when that is the hard part!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

i've had a nightmare with HIFX they loose paper work and they dont explain things to you properly. Cutomers service is crap!!!!!!!!
I wou go with the other Ozforex

annkc
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I've used both but only OzForex now, from choice.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

chocolatedog is an unknown quantity at this point

What I have done is register with a few agents. Then when the time comes to transfer the funds I call each in turn ask for the best rate they can do that day an just take the best you can get with out admin fees of course. I have used Ozforex, Moneycorp and AFEX and been lucky enough to have no problems with any.

Sam
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:02 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolatedog
What I have done is register with a few agents. Then when the time comes to transfer the funds I call each in turn ask for the best rate they can do that day an just take the best you can get with out admin fees of course. I have used Ozforex, Moneycorp and AFEX and been lucky enough to have no problems with any.

Sam
Problem is, the quotes change by the second so you will end up chasing your own tail <g>