Albury Move

Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:53 am
Just Joined

jinty-mcginty will become famous soon enough
Smile Albury Move

Hi everyone, absolutly love this site. It has been a great help now that my family are moving to Australia.
I havent asked a question yet so here goes.

My family and I are moving to Albury, NSW. (My husband and I have 2 boys, 17 and 12 and a little lady who is 9 years old) Can anyone tell me what its like to live there and also any advise they could give me about Albury would be great. We are going in September and plan to rent for the first 2 years.

We are moving there because that is where my OH job is, Im hoping to find employment when I get there.

Big thanks x
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albury Move

Originally Posted by jinty-mcginty
Hi everyone, absolutly love this site. It has been a great help now that my family are moving to Australia.
I havent asked a question yet so here goes.

My family and I are moving to Albury, NSW. (My husband and I have 2 boys, 17 and 12 and a little lady who is 9 years old) Can anyone tell me what its like to live there and also any advise they could give me about Albury would be great. We are going in September and plan to rent for the first 2 years.

We are moving there because that is where my OH job is, Im hoping to find employment when I get there.

Big thanks x
Hello and welcome to BE
Im not on the forum often but if you do searches for Albury on here you will come across a few threads about Albury.
I personally love the area and hope to be moving there next year.
there are a few posters on here, geordie kaz and iceman(?) who both live in Albury. Also Nicky p lives in wangarrata but is teaching in Albury.
Ive got a few web sites on my favs but with not being on here for a while ive forgotton how to link them.
when i was in Albury in 2006 Lake Hume was incredabily low lower than it had been for a long time.
Its very much country town living which suits me , but i know my friend from Newcastle (uK) finds it very quiet.
Good luck
Mandy
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks Mandy

I'll go now and do a search

Good Luck to you too if you do move over there.

Janettex
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:51 am
Just Joined

icec111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Janette,

My family and I moved to Albury last August. We are enjoying it overall but it's a bit different than we expected.

We'd be happy to share our experiences with you so feel free to ask anything about the area or moving to Australia in general.

Our email is [email protected]

Our blog address is http://www.icec111.blogspot.com

Regards,

Craig.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by icec111
Hello Janette,

My family and I moved to Albury last August. We are enjoying it overall but it's a bit different than we expected.

We'd be happy to share our experiences with you so feel free to ask anything about the area or moving to Australia in general.

Our email is [email protected]

Our blog address is http://www.icec111.blogspot.com

Regards,

Craig.
Thanks craig, I have sent you an email

Kind regards
Janette