OZ Tv

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ Tv

Originally Posted by Quinkana

South Pole.
Can you get Foxtel there??
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:33 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can you get Foxtel there??
Q: Can you watch TV in Antarctica?

A: We can get television some times when a satellite is in the right place overhead. Other wise people watch videos and old reel movies. There are theatres at each of the stations and film showings are a regular event.

This year, one of the expeditioners at Macquarie Island arranged for the station to be able to view the live broadcast of the AFL Grandfinal - needless to say this was a great treat for the station!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Now that IS an interesting fact! though I could think of better things to watch than the Grand Final....
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

robert_c1970 is on a distinguished road

The other half will sleep soundly tonight knowing she will still get her fix of the bill down under.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:29 pm
Go Power!!!!!

Multicoloured Crocodile is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Alan&Sonia
We decided not to buy a TV when we got here a year ago as we had heard about how terrible the tele was. We never missed it as we were busy organising our lives, out in the evenings having a barbie, walking or whatever, we actually talked a lot, more than we did in England when the TV was on all the time. But having said all that, come winter in Sydney when it is dark at 5 and cold and wet sometimes it was good to get a tele then. It just seems more homely in the winter with the tele on. We got Foxtel too, talk about one extreme to another. We went 8 months without the box and I could do it again but it's the other half, he likes the football and news. A great bonus here is that you don't have to pay for a TV licence.
It's great not having to pay for a licence but you really PAY for those adverts!
WHY DO THEY SHOUT ALL THE TIME!!!!!
And another thing, why am I awake at nearly 4 in the morning?
Too much Stanley cask wine -
BTW, they're showing Ice Age here at the end of the week, and Harry Potter - Great if you've got kids! And it's not Xmas yet!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:37 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

The year before last at chrimbo the normal Tv in Oz put on Breakdance Electric Boogaloo it was great but bizarre
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:08 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Multicoloured Crocodile
It's great not having to pay for a licence but you really PAY for those adverts!
WHY DO THEY SHOUT ALL THE TIME!!!!!
SO YOU'LL STILL HEAR THEM WHEN YOU FAST FORWARD.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:24 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robert_c1970
The other half will sleep soundly tonight knowing she will still get her fix of the bill down under.
Tell her to stop watching The Bill about five months before she gets here, then she'll be about right for the time lapse between what's shown in UK and what's on here. As a Bill watcher myself, I missed a huge chunk when I went over to UK in October 2003 and now, on my return, I'm watching repeats of what I saw in UK! I get this weird sense of deja vu when I watch it now!

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:38 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Tell her to stop watching The Bill about five months before she gets here, then she'll be about right for the time lapse between what's shown in UK and what's on here. As a Bill watcher myself, I missed a huge chunk when I went over to UK in October 2003 and now, on my return, I'm watching repeats of what I saw in UK! I get this weird sense of deja vu when I watch it now!
Do you watch the 2pm version or the 8.30pm version, I'm sure they must be about 12 months difference between the two

If anyone wants to know how far behind it is, the current 8.30pm episode has PC Klein in witness protection, with some crook trying to kill him. We get 2 episodes a week of the 8.30pm ones.

If I remember later today, i'll watch the 2pm edition and let you know whats happening on that one.

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

robert_c1970 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: OZ Tv

Not only does she watch the current bill on ITV she also watches the old bill on UKGold or some channel on sky. She is bill barmy, personally I think the writers lost the plot a couple of years ago.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:55 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
A serious question here. Which parts of Australia are freezing at 5.00 in the afternoon ?
l would'nt say freezing unless you live in the ski-fields or Canberra or Tasmania
but apart from Queensland and northern Australia, the weather would be cold at 5.00 in the afternoon during winter.

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:20 am
ABCDiamond

Do you watch the 2pm version or the 8.30pm version, I'm sure they must be about 12 months difference between the two

If anyone wants to know how far behind it is, the current 8.30pm episode has PC Klein in witness protection, with some crook trying to kill him. We get 2 episodes a week of the 8.30pm ones.

If I remember later today, i'll watch the 2pm edition and let you know whats happening on that one.
Todays 2pm episode has an engagement party for Luke & Kerry.

So now you know where we are with The Bill

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:11 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

I was unfortunate enough to discover, the other day, that the 2pm session existed! It's ancient!! Quite honestly, I've lost interest really, due to having seen it all before. So the short answer to your question is that I'm not watching either now. By the way, the crook trying to kill Klein is called Dennis Weaver!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

I quite like the TV - although I don't watch a great deal. I like the Bill, which I'd never watched before. But also watch Americana such as the Great Race, Apprentice & CSI Miami and then.....oh yes.....Neighbours. See...I hardly watch anything.