Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oz Skills assessment

oz Skills assessment

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation oz Skills assessment

could anyone give me advice on my initial skills assessment before i submit it?
I have been a chef for 20 years but proving my whole work history is proving difficult as many ex workplaces are now either extinct or they only keep records for 6 to 7 years!
is there something else i could do? I've even tried the tax office, they have only 6 years of history also!!!
can anyone out there help???
please?????
Peace 'n' that
Davy
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:37 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oz Skills assessment

Originally Posted by davyboy
I have been a chef for 20 years but proving my whole work history is proving difficult as many ex workplaces are now either extinct or they only keep records for 6 to 7 years!
is there something else i could do? I've even tried the tax office, they have only 6 years of history also!!!
please?????
Peace 'n' that
Davy
Hi Davy,

Wavy_Davy here fellow chef!! Funny name you got there! Check out the chef pages as there is quite a bit of advice there which you'll find helpful. I asked the same question as you a little while ago - look at this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315826
I have just submitted our TRA. I got the references that I could (2 out of 8) but the rest I just wrote huge amounts about the tasks I undertook and the equipment I used and worded these as stat decs. Agent said they were fine, don't carry the same weight as an employer reference, but if they contain the right stuff they are ok. Hope this helps. Just ask if we can help any further!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

you can type a statutory declaration at a solicitors stating that you have been a chef and worked for these companies that no longer exist
Good luck
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:13 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davyboy
please?????
Peace 'n' that
Davy

We too had to go back 20 years the first 2 companies hubby worked for went into liquidation we went to the companies house website and just printed the details off to show the companies did exist but went into liquidation!

Good Luck

Kris
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:17 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

PS. We couldn't obtain the details from companies house website because the businesses weren't limited companies, so it could be that you don't find them when you search.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: oz Skills assessment

Wavy-Davy
thanks huuugely for the reply, at this stage all info is appreciated
thanks also for the link loads of good "stuff" there too!!!
Peace n that
Davy boy

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi Davy,

Wavy_Davy here fellow chef!! Funny name you got there! Check out the chef pages as there is quite a bit of advice there which you'll find helpful. I asked the same question as you a little while ago - look at this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315826
I have just submitted our TRA. I got the references that I could (2 out of 8) but the rest I just wrote huge amounts about the tasks I undertook and the equipment I used and worded these as stat decs. Agent said they were fine, don't carry the same weight as an employer reference, but if they contain the right stuff they are ok. Hope this helps. Just ask if we can help any further!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

thanks Kris, found one of the companies i worked for who had gone into liquidation!
cheers fir that mate!!!
Peace n that
Davy boy

Originally Posted by kris maynard
We too had to go back 20 years the first 2 companies hubby worked for went into liquidation we went to the companies house website and just printed the details off to show the companies did exist but went into liquidation!

Good Luck

Kris
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Josie, thanks for the reply, what do you need to include/say in the statutory declaration? and do you have any idea of how much it costs?
Peace n that
Davyboy

Originally Posted by lovealot
you can type a statutory declaration at a solicitors stating that you have been a chef and worked for these companies that no longer exist
Good luck
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

hi Davy, ive found pay slips for ex employers, do these have any weight in my application?
also how have you "filled in" your assessment application, do you have it digitally? could you send it to me so i can see how to lay mine out as im not using an agent! that is if you dont mind!
also what part of oz are you looking to go to?
we have family in perth and canberra, i think we'll be going to canberra,
anything thing else you think i may need to know at this stage would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks Davy
Peace 'n' that
Davy

I have just submitted our TRA. I got the references that I could (2 out of 8) but the rest I just wrote huge amounts about the tasks I undertook and the equipment I used and worded these as stat decs. Agent said they were fine, don't carry the same weight as an employer reference, but if they contain the right stuff they are ok. Hope this helps. Just ask if we can help any further![/QUOTE]