Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz job vacancy websites

Oz job vacancy websites

Old Aug 6th 2006, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Question Oz job vacancy websites

Is it just me or do all the Oz job sites (such as Seek and careerone etc) not give any indication of the salaries on offer?

I am looking at I.T. Support type roles but none of the jobs on these sites give details of the salaries on offer.

Anyone know of any sites which do give salary details?

Cheers.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

surfsup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oz job vacancy websites

Originally Posted by wafc
Is it just me or do all the Oz job sites (such as Seek and careerone etc) not give any indication of the salaries on offer?

I am looking at I.T. Support type roles but none of the jobs on these sites give details of the salaries on offer.

Cheers.

The australian immigration site which i expect you have visited gives salary gradings and I think so does the office of fair trading but i have found with my career it is higher than on these sites due to desireablity (found the odd salary on seek). Jobs on done on a grading basis over there as far as i can understand - the more qualified the more pay?
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surfsup
The australian immigration site which i expect you have visited gives salary gradings and I think so does the office of fair trading but i have found with my career it is higher than on these sites due to desireablity (found the odd salary on seek). Jobs on done on a grading basis over there as far as i can understand - the more qualified the more pay?
Cheers for the info.

I would still expect to see salary details on the job sites though so that you know what to expect before you apply.

It would help us potential migrants to see what is being offered before we arrive.

If anyone knows of job vacancy websites which list salary details, that would be a great help.

Thanks.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Most the jobs I've seen don't specify a salary the only ones that do seem to be those where there is a structured grading and therefore salary system (i.e. local council). Try doing a search on the Hayes Salary survey as they produce it each year and one covers IT roles in the major cities. I used this to base my salary requirements on.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Craigv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I work in IT recruitment for Hudson. Australia's largest recruiter. The reason that no salaries are put on is usually for two reasons. Firstly to get as much candidate traffic as possible and secondly some companies do not want to disclose the salary until the candidate has been deemed suitable for the job ie the job ad can make it obvious who the company is and if current workers for the firm see it ,they can call up and make a fake application to see how much they can push the salary, to use it as ammo for a pay rise.

It is usually the former.

If the salary was put on the ad then people may not apply feeling that they were not qualified (when potentially they are) and vice versa. For overqualified candidates they can still get a call from the recruiter for more senior roles. For IT roles especially, the salary can deviate quite a bit depending on the amount of experience the candidate has and may not be accurate if it were advertised.

Most recruitment firms worth their salt have salary surveys that they send to companies. Call them up and ask them for the going rate for your skills.

I work in Sydney. Are you looking for IT work in Sydney?
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Craigv
Hi

I work in IT recruitment for Hudson. Australia's largest recruiter. The reason that no salaries are put on is usually for two reasons. Firstly to get as much candidate traffic as possible and secondly some companies do not want to disclose the salary until the candidate has been deemed suitable for the job ie the job ad can make it obvious who the company is and if current workers for the firm see it ,they can call up and make a fake application to see how much they can push the salary, to use it as ammo for a pay rise.

It is usually the former.

If the salary was put on the ad then people may not apply feeling that they were not qualified (when potentially they are) and vice versa. For overqualified candidates they can still get a call from the recruiter for more senior roles. For IT roles especially, the salary can deviate quite a bit depending on the amount of experience the candidate has and may not be accurate if it were advertised.

Most recruitment firms worth their salt have salary surveys that they send to companies. Call them up and ask them for the going rate for your skills.

I work in Sydney. Are you looking for IT work in Sydney?
Thanks for everyone's views.

I'll take a look at some of those salary surveys then.

I'm heading to Perth (hopefully!).
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:00 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
Have a look on here

http://www.salaryzone.com.au/salzone...search.jsp#top
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for everyone's views.

I'll take a look at some of those salary surveys then.

I'm heading to Perth (hopefully!).
Government job sites tell you the range of salary to expect. Here's the site for WA:

http://jobs.wa.gov.au/

Mrs JTL