Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OZ Forex Account opening and transaction process

OZ Forex Account opening and transaction process

Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:06 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice
Default OZ Forex Account opening and transaction process

Hi,

Out of interest, i have just opened an OZForex account yesterday, pretty painless, but you have to provide validation documents, .i.e. passport, bank account statment.

My question is, the bank statement has to come from the bank where the money is coming from, does it, because, if your cash is in the building society, then you do not have a statement, well not on hand, and obviously it makes sense to CHAPS it straight from this account, to save transfer days, interest lost etc. There is no point in CHAPS to your current account, then CHAPS to your OZForex account?

Can your provide a bank statement from your current account, but then in the future, if need be, CHAPS the money from your building society account?

Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ Forex Account opening and transaction process

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
Hi,

Out of interest, i have just opened an OZForex account yesterday, pretty painless, but you have to provide validation documents, .i.e. passport, bank account statment.

My question is, the bank statement has to come from the bank where the money is coming from, does it, because, if your cash is in the building society, then you do not have a statement, well not on hand, and obviously it makes sense to CHAPS it straight from this account, to save transfer days, interest lost etc. There is no point in CHAPS to your current account, then CHAPS to your OZForex account?

Can your provide a bank statement from your current account, but then in the future, if need be, CHAPS the money from your building society account?

Thanks
Don't know the precise answer, but I have transferred money with Tranzfers (sister company of Forex) over a 7 year period now, and have used at least 4 different bank accounts as the source, without having to provide statments from them all.
The statement is just required as proof of identity when opening an account.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:28 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The statement is just required as proof of identity when opening an account
Thanks Pollyana, That is what i was thinking as above, but was wondering whether anyone had any experience of this, using proof of address, .i.e. an account, but then using another account to transfer funds?

Thanks.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
Thanks Pollyana, That is what i was thinking as above, but was wondering whether anyone had any experience of this, using proof of address, .i.e. an account, but then using another account to transfer funds?

Thanks.
You should be fine - after I opened the account I've never had to provide evidence of the bank accounts I have added.