Oz clothes

Old May 26th 2006, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future
Default Oz clothes

I need a new suit and pair of good shoes.

Going in 5 weeks - and on the web the only two sites I could find were Lowes with shiny suits and River with exspensive cav gear.

Should I buy before I fly
Or go then spend my dough

See poetry there by the way!
Old May 26th 2006, 11:41 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz clothes

provided you are not going to live in outback .....

myers, david jones offer a range of suits in the 200-500$ category. You can get everything up to Hugo Boss for 1000$+. Also some discount stores do boss etc for about 750$ on sale quit regularly.

if you are in UK Marks & Sparks suits ,if thats your taste, would be better value than the ones here.

lowes is bottom end of the market- 5$ shirts ! you dont want a suit from there.
Old May 26th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by khoardiroy

Going in 5 weeks - and on the web the only two sites I could find were Lowes with shiny suits and River with exspensive cav gear.

Hi there. Personally, I'd say 'Buy b4 you fly' (love the poetry!). That way, you know the shops in uk well, and probably have your favourites. So be on the safe side and do it there. I have been here 4 months now, and still haven't found any 'favorite shops', and end up walking around like a lost sheep for hours on end! I do miss my uk shops!
Old May 27th 2006, 4:05 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
provided you are not going to live in outback .....

myers, david jones offer a range of suits in the 200-500$ category. You can get everything up to Hugo Boss for 1000$+. Also some discount stores do boss etc for about 750$ on sale quit regularly.

if you are in UK Marks & Sparks suits ,if thats your taste, would be better value than the ones here.

lowes is bottom end of the market- 5$ shirts ! you dont want a suit from there.
The Hugo Boss range is limited here. Would suggest buying in UK before coming over. Especially quality shirts ie Eton.

Could not find anything too my taste in Canalli range here so will update again with shopping trip to Europe.

Casual wear however is different - big selection and some good quality beach/camping/hanging out gear.

Kiwi
Old May 27th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khoardiroy

Hi we went to River Island before we flew and got mark kitted out with a nice suit, shirt, tie cufflinks etc. The whole lot £109. Picked up a pair of nice black shoes for £20. He looks pretty dapper!
Old May 27th 2006, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
Hi there. Personally, I'd say 'Buy b4 you fly'
I agree. Theres not much difference in price, and you'll have loads of stuff to do when you get here rather than traipsing around the shops looking at suits.
Old May 27th 2006, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

If you're going via Singapore, you could get a quality hand made suit for a fraction of the price in the UK. Takes them 48 hours to make them.
Old May 27th 2006, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Oz isn't as online as us - therefore when searching for shops it seems limited but in actual fact they're just not online.

We bought our local paperwork when in SA last week and it made headlines that a local company had just gone online - thereby increasing their sales of trailors from 2 per year to 25!