Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz beats NZ hands down

Wikiposts

Oz beats NZ hands down

Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz beats NZ hands down

Originally posted by tinaj
Here in Aus they announced on the news that a Judge has ruled for a 14 year old to be permitted to undergo sex change hormones in preparationg for the full surgery next year. Can you believe this, a 14 year old? Judges/ governements all over the world have crazy incidents, doesn't mean the whole country is bad.
Not quite true. The judge gave permission for the girl to begin (reversible) hormone therapy. Surgery would not be allowed until she was 18. It was an unusual case -
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E421,00.html
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
You obviously don't appreciate the beauty of the place, a climate that most in the UK only dream about, a lack of crowds and plenty of space to explore.

A summer that starts in Nov and goes through to Easter with weather better than the average English summer. An abundance of sporting opportunities second to none with a climate that lets you enjoy it.

As for petrol that is $A1 / ltr in Oz and their currency is approx 15% stronger. In UK petrol is 80p which works out at about $NZ2.

So pray tell what what paradise are you heading for wearing your rose tinted glasses.
Im puzzled that you think summer starts here in Nov and goes to easter but I suppose if its not raining and cold then its summer for some. I suppose if you live at the north pole the UK weather is like paradise. We hardly had a summer this year but did have a mild autumn. Reminds me of a cartoon in the local paper. Guy comes into the house, its pouring with rain outside and says to his wife "well looks like summer is over". she replies "thank God for that".

The paradise Im headed for is the one that 400,000 other Kiwis are living in because they obviously think its better & sure aint flocking back.

My original question still stands. Why come to NZ when its quite obvious that Oz is a better place to live with better employment opportunities & pay, scenery thats just as good and as much sunshine as you want.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Surfie Chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Ex-kiwi now an Aussie

It's true. If you must choose between NZ & Oz, he latter is certainly the best.

Apart from the shocking kiwi Government, the weather is about as crappy as it can get (rains constantly, always grey, cold, dmap, unhealthy...sound familiar???), there's a SHOCKING violent crime rate, reverse racism and he incidence of asthma is roughly 1/3 of the population.

I grew up there, moved to Europe & the States, then went back for 6 years as an adult. I couldn't escape again fast enough!

Where did I end up? I followed that long white cloud that kiwis speak of" and ound sunshine, warmth, palm trees and tropical beaches in the he Gold Coast.

Would I ever go back to NZ?

^*&&%%% NO!!!
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally posted by glhall
If you have the choice why come to NZ?. wages and working conditions are worse than Oz, most of the year the weather is poor, you have a government that has a mindset that contemplated permitting sex between consenting 12 year olds - can you believe it!. It was only the outcry that stopped them. NZ is going nowhere, doing nothing and the education and health system is hopeless and they dont really care about families. In fact the prime minister is married ,kind of, has no kids and knows nothing about raising kids and screws middle class working families for everything she can.

Heres an excerpt from a letter to the NZ herald

I am an immigrant mother of two under 6. we have been in NZ for 3 years and are apalled at the lack of respect to children and adults. you seem to have a lot of dysfunctional underachievers leaving school. the country as a whole is too soft on crime. wer'e so unimpressed like other foreingers with the whole schooling here.

By the way petrol is $1.24/L, power prices are high and so are tax rates.

Why come to NZ? I would love to know.

Graham
In fact the prime minister is married ,kind of, has no kids and knows nothing about raising kids and screws middle class working families for everything she can.

I have edited this to apply to the UK:

In fact the prime minister is married ,kind of, has [no] kids and knows nothing about raising kids and screws middle class working families for everything [s]he can.

Not much difference there then

Who would we hate if there were no politicians?

Peter
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:48 am
Mel Gibson

The real reason New Zealanders move to Australia is because we have better looking sheep.

Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:59 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Mel Gibson
The real reason New Zealanders move to Australia is because we have better looking sheep.
You must know your sheep then Riggs. 'Cos one merino looks like another to me.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:09 am
mickj

What....better than Wales as well? Sounds like you are dead serious about this !

Originally posted by Mel Gibson

Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by nickyc
Not quite true. The judge gave permission for the girl to begin (reversible) hormone therapy. Surgery would not be allowed until she was 18. It was an unusual case -
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E421,00.html
It may be an exceptional case but it is just as bad as I thought, having irreversible hormone drugs at 16.
What does a 13 year old kid know about themselves anyway???

My point was all governments have stupid rulings wherever you live.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

It's personal choice, what appeals to one person does not neccessarily appeal to another.

Australia, although wonderful in its own right, just wasn't what were were looking for.
Coming from the NE of England the weather here in NZ is an improvement. I just don't tollerate the heat so that ruled out many parts of OZ.

It would be a very boring world if everyone wanted and liked the same thing......would the whole world want to live in OZ?

Being able to simply appreciate that other have a different opinion from yourself, rather than questioning why is more important.

Gill
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:29 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ulujain
You must know your sheep then Riggs. 'Cos one merino looks like another to me.
right,this is really sad but.....when you work with sheep for a long time you can actually pair up lambs with ewes by eye because you just get to spot facial resemblence!Like humans,its no different,they have types of eyes,noses, and ears like their parents.They also have charicters and traits too.Amongst ten thousand sheep you get to know them by face....its weird(perhaps that should say i'm weird).
Aussie sheep look like aussie people compared to europeans....sun drenched, lathargic, and generally not very energetic.Must be all that heat and good living eh
I do think some peoples impressions of NZ are hilarious,no one is forcing you to live here, theres plenty of flights out and its a big wide world.Me,i just don't want to be anywhere else thanks and i have seen a great deal of the world.Lots of folks think differently i'm sure and good on them cos'it keeps my bit of life here nice and quiet.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:35 am
mickj

You definitely know your sheep by the sound of things, years of research must have gone into this.

Originally posted by deedee
right,this is really sad but.....when you work with sheep for a long time you can actually pair up lambs with ewes by eye because you just get to spot facial resemblence!Like humans,its no different,they have types of eyes,noses, and ears like their parents.They also have charicters and traits too.Amongst ten thousand sheep you get to know them by face....its weird(perhaps that should say i'm weird).
Aussie sheep look like aussie people compared to europeans....sun drenched, lathargic, and generally not very energetic.Must be all that heat and good living eh
I do think some peoples impressions of NZ are hilarious,no one is forcing you to live here, theres plenty of flights out and its a big wide world.Me,i just don't want to be anywhere else thanks and i have seen a great deal of the world.Lots of folks think differently i'm sure and good on them cos'it keeps my bit of life here nice and quiet.

Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:39 am
WBB

right,this is really sad
quite right!

Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:43 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

its like anyone who knows their job....i dare say there are a few too many computer geeks who know far too much about what goes on inside their micro chips.....its just that mine has 4 legs, and most of the western world eats it once its been chopped into something that doesn't look like a sheep.Nz's biggest export,farming
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:45 am
WBB

geeks who know far too much about what goes on inside their micro chips
actually, now you mention it.

Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:51 am
mickj

There isn't that much going on in a microchip, but there sure is a lot going on, on a motherboard, especially the ATHLON compatible ones

its like anyone who knows their job....i dare say there are a few too many computer geeks who know far too much about what goes on inside their micro chips.....its just that mine has 4 legs, and most of the western world eats it once its been chopped into something that doesn't look like a sheep.Nz's biggest export,farming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.