Reload this Page >

Oz beats NZ hands down

Wikiposts

Oz beats NZ hands down

Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oz beats NZ hands down

If you have the choice why come to NZ?. wages and working conditions are worse than Oz, most of the year the weather is poor, you have a government that has a mindset that contemplated permitting sex between consenting 12 year olds - can you believe it!. It was only the outcry that stopped them. NZ is going nowhere, doing nothing and the education and health system is hopeless and they dont really care about families. In fact the prime minister is married ,kind of, has no kids and knows nothing about raising kids and screws middle class working families for everything she can.

Heres an excerpt from a letter to the NZ herald

I am an immigrant mother of two under 6. we have been in NZ for 3 years and are apalled at the lack of respect to children and adults. you seem to have a lot of dysfunctional underachievers leaving school. the country as a whole is too soft on crime. wer'e so unimpressed like other foreingers with the whole schooling here.

By the way petrol is $1.24/L, power prices are high and so are tax rates.

Why come to NZ? I would love to know.

Graham
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:25 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Because it has a better economy than Burkina Faso? *shrug*. Probably explains why a lot of Kiwis move to Australia.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:39 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oz beats NZ hands down

Originally posted by glhall
If you have the choice why come to NZ?. wages and working conditions are worse than Oz, most of the year the weather is poor, you have a government that has a mindset that contemplated permitting sex between consenting 12 year olds - can you believe it!. It was only the outcry that stopped them. NZ is going nowhere, doing nothing and the education and health system is hopeless and they dont really care about families. In fact the prime minister is married ,kind of, has no kids and knows nothing about raising kids and screws middle class working families for everything she can.

I am an immigrant mother of two under 6. we have been in NZ for 3 years and are apalled at the lack of respect to children and adults. you seem to have a lot of dysfunctional underachievers leaving school. the country as a whole is too soft on crime. wer'e so unimpressed like other foreingers with the whole schooling here.

Graham

So leave.

Please.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:37 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by glhall

Graham
Not in the sheep trade?

Only takes so many to look after the shepards and tourist shearers.

Last edited by Megalania; Jun 4th 2004 at 6:41 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:46 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Well I like it here .... So There!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollster
So leave.

Please.
I am on 13 July - cant wait to get our of here - thank you.

PS enjoy the winter!.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:10 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Its a lovely winter, have you ever experienced a uk winter???
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:33 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

i love it here, never thought i could be so better off as i am here, debt free, fittest i've ever been, more friends than i've ever had, more likeminded people, oh the list is sooo long i'm smiling thinking about it.I'm sure you know your way to the airport.By the way, there is life without children ya'know!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:49 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by deedee
i love it here, never thought i could be so better off as i am here, debt free, fittest i've ever been, more friends than i've ever had, more likeminded people, oh the list is sooo long i'm smiling thinking about it.I'm sure you know your way to the airport.By the way, there is life without children ya'know!
Up the long and winding track daily? Err, should read STATION not ski fields.

Perhaps this is more it:

Last edited by Megalania; Jun 4th 2004 at 7:55 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

You obviously don't appreciate the beauty of the place, a climate that most in the UK only dream about, a lack of crowds and plenty of space to explore.

A summer that starts in Nov and goes through to Easter with weather better than the average English summer. An abundance of sporting opportunities second to none with a climate that lets you enjoy it.

As for petrol that is $A1 / ltr in Oz and their currency is approx 15% stronger. In UK petrol is 80p which works out at about $NZ2.

So pray tell what what paradise are you heading for wearing your rose tinted glasses.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:55 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

that picture is of remarables lodge,nothing to do with the station,was the old homestead of the station owners but they flicked it off to a gay couple who do b and b.Nice view but it has state highway 6 going through its front garden.That use to be a gravel road 40 years ago i'm told

The other picture is airstrip paddock on the station....i'm sick of shifting sheep off there as nzone use it for their tourists to parachute in on.Seems to have been quite a few ambulances in that paddock recently

Last edited by deedee; Jun 4th 2004 at 7:58 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:04 pm
Banned

Originally posted by deedee
Seems to have been quite a few ambulances in that paddock recently
Silly bloody Pommie Thrill Seekers!

Here's something that'll have you bounding out of bed one morn:

Super Fine Wool Merino Hoggets in Snow near Mount Barker Lake Wanaka Central Otago.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:20 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollster
So leave.

Please.
That goes for everyone in Australia who doesn't like it there too.

Mental note to self: It goes for the US too.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:23 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

hahahaha....bloody merinos Of all the breeds of sheep they're the most placid, laid back ,untroubled cardboard munchers of all.They would choose to graze a plank of timber rather than a green blade of grass, and you've gotta' trim their feet every year as they can't bite their own toe nails.A bit of useless information for ya'.
When the Jap tourists stop on the side of the road with their cameras having never seen a sheep before i offer them rides on the back of a big merino ram......i've yet to have one take me up on the offer They'll gladly jump off a bridge with an elastic band around their ankles but they can't hack a rodeo with pissed off merino.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:23 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ulujain
That goes for everyone in Australia who doesn't like it there too.

Mental note to self: It goes for the US too.
And the Mongols!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.