Old Feb 19th 2005, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough
Default oz-1 year later

ok
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=rday

now what do we think???

oz is a fantastic place!!
we love it. i still have a snigger and a smirk every now and then when i remind myself i am actually living in oz.i still look at oz numberplates and $ signs in shops to prove i'm not just having one long dream!!

<ADMIN EDIT>
... Racist abuse removed ...

anyway,still living it and loving it.

just thought i'd put a few words on here about my preconceptions ,and findings i had about oz ..if anyone is interested.bare in mind i've never been 2 oz.before.
(what i thought=w.i.t./what i found=w.i.f.)

wit..oz was stuck in a time worp 70/80s fashion and furniture
wif..oz is trendy,very casual dressed,shorts t-shirts/thongs,even old people look cool.

wit..ozzies has a close connection to uk
wif..most ozzies dont give a crap about uk,and no plans to visit.afterall they are ozzies-not english

wit..ozzies are brash
wif.. ozzies are brash- as in they dont pussy foot around a reply ,they say it straight out,but they are really helpful and friendly.

wit..thing are cheap in oz
wif..make the most of your brit £exchange,because once you earn the$,you will only be able to buy the same amount you bought in the uk ...but where you gain tenfold is the leisure life,i.e.picnic at the beach,bbq at the parks,surfing,biking etc .because of the weather

wit..all oz is reasonably hot all year round
wif..mel got pretty damn cold in the winter,dont chuck your jumpers away

wit..spiders,snakes are very commom
wif..no snakes yet.one huntman in my garage 3 inches toe to toe.no white tails yet. 4x redbacks ....being a plumber ,i find them behind water heaters,they seem to like metal surfaces

wit..mozzies/flies every where
wif..mozzies come out on specific conditions,i found usually after a warm rainy spell.but i you live near a creak,you'll find them more often,if you spray RID on your skin,they wont go near you......flies also need certain conditions,most of the time you hardly see them,but when you do, they are damn annoying,there will be 10 in your back,and 10 trying to land on your face

wit..shopping hours are like the uk back in the 70s,i.e shut wed/sat pm,and shut sun
wif..hour are good,some safeways24/7.......sat/sun pm shop are pretty dead,

wit..may be i should loose my pommie accent asap
wif..may be i should keep it,people find me interesting for once in my life

wit..wife/kids are going to go crazing missing their coorie,eastenders,
wif..they got a life

wit..ozzie men are macho/pig headed/aggresive
wif..ozzie men are nice guys,infact so non-aggresive that i thought alot of them where gay,it took me a while to figure out that you can actually look another man staight in the eyes ,smile and say gooday without them thinking you are a nutter. not like england,where when you pass another guy,you stick your chest out,chench your fist,nod your head ,and say'alright' in your deepest ,streetwise ,looniest voice possible.

anyway thats enough of my boring talk,
it is nice to be able to record my current thoughts on the net,i had a bit of a sigh and chuckle reading my last thoughts http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=rday

bare in mind these are my own opinions,in the region that i am living in,so some of you guys might think i'm talking out of my butt,

good luck to all
cheers
rday

Last edited by wmoore; Feb 19th 2005 at 8:25 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 12:54 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: oz-1 year later

Thanks for that. highly entertaining and gives me something to chew over whilst waiting for my house to sell....
Old Feb 19th 2005, 1:05 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: oz-1 year later

G'day Rday,

Beaut posts, mate, both of them! Thoroughly enjoyed reading your observations and had a smile over many of them.

If you ever feel like turning your hand to writing instead of plumbing ... ? Your spelling could do with some help, so you'd need a proofreader ... I'll stick my hand up for the job; you're a natural at the writing!!

Loved it! Keep us posted.

Cheers,
PR

Old Feb 19th 2005, 1:16 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Good post - real life facts. You tell it as you see it! Good on ya!

Binbird
Old Feb 19th 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rday
i would be devistated if it was all a dream,and woke up in that paki ridden shit hole called england.!!!
What a shame you had to ruin your post before you even got started, with comments like that
Old Feb 19th 2005, 3:30 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Buzby is an unknown quantity at this point

I had heard and through experience that quite a percentage of australians were racists, your not adding yourself to that stastic are you?
Old Feb 19th 2005, 4:00 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

ok

i would be devistated if it was all a dream,and woke up in that paki ridden shit hole called england.!!!
Nice, but like many Aussies you'll fit in well. It's people with your opinions that we can't wait to see the back of in the UK.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

rosscog1 is an unknown quantity at this point

top post, well both of them are.

i'll be bringing my family over to melbourne in august and its nice to here someone with something good to say about it, spoken truthfully and with a good outlook and optimisum.

i'm pissed of with all these tv programmes of people making the move to australia, moaning non stop for 6 weeks and then going home again, twats.

you sound like you had a genuine will for it to work and i'm glad its going well, i hope my move can read something like yours after a year.

anyway good luck and keep posting updates....
Old Feb 19th 2005, 4:21 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rosscog1

i'll be bringing my family over to melbourne in august and its nice to here someone with something good to say about it, spoken truthfully and with a good outlook and optimisum.

i'm pissed of with all these tv programmes of people making the move to australia, moaning non stop for 6 weeks and then going home again, twats.
Why does it P*** you off?
If you're the strong minded person that you sound like then you shouldn't give a T*** who moves there and why should it bother you if they move back? Don't watch the programmes then
Old Feb 19th 2005, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

ok
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=rday

now what do we think???

!!
I always suspected that Australia was a refuge for nasty, small minded racist bigoted Brits, you seem to confirm this.

Make sure you burn your UK passport, so the decent people of Britain never need to share airspace with scum such as yourself.

You deserve banning for coming out with crap like that.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

ccuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Completely agree, I hope admin/moderator bans you for this racism
Old Feb 19th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ProofReader
G'day Rday,

you're a natural at the writing!!

???? Don't know what's more embarassing - The original racist post or this reply

It's 2005 folks - not 1960

God help us

Last edited by Jimbo9; Feb 19th 2005 at 5:22 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough

Good on ya m8 sounds like uv got the sprit, I will have my PR visa in about 3 months so i can jump this sinkin ship, cant come soon enough, how r u finding being a tradesman r u a subby like u waz here? i am a chippy and will be in perth but whats ur analysis me m8 is plastering in perth and reckons he charges $300 a day. by the way whats ur favorite colour blue?
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:43 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Rday, we're all entitled to an opinion and, in this century, free speech. No-one knows, better than you, the type of background you are leaving behind or the personal sh*ite you've had to cope with in life.

I'm going to ignore the bitter and twisted wannabees-who-can't-cope, for they are usually unable to see the wood for the trees; often blinkered to the main point of a discussion due to putting far too much emphasis on one small comment. Most wouldn't understand racism if it got up and smacked them in the face!

On balance, I think your post was great: very positive and full of information for others to follow. Follow my lead and don't let the turkeys get you down! Your post's worth more than their insipid, snarly comments!!

Pity more people don't have something positive to say. Luckily there are plenty who do and they're the ones, along with those with constructive criticism, who are worth bothering with.

Karma to you.
PR

Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:52 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is getting silly.

The OP had a terrible racist remark in and I don't think we need to take it any further.