Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Overhill Kennels

Overhill Kennels

Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all
Default Overhill Kennels

Hi all you animal lovers,

We have just received a qoute from overhill kennels for taking our GSD to perth in Feb 08 it is as follows:

Q U O T A T I O N

TO: Exporting one dog to Perth, Australia.
Including flight from Heathrow, transport
to Heathrow airport from our kennels in Bristol,
crate, final health certificate, worming, sealing
and final vet check at Heathrow, airline handling
and administration.

Total Cost £ 2181.00

Additional charges to take into consideration will be:
General booster, permit, and microchipping. Australian
Quarantine is payable locally.

The above quotation is based on a crate size of:
42x20x34”

Any increases by airlines or veterinary surgeons are beyond
our control and would have to be charged accordingly.

Is there anything else i need to know or sort out or pay for.
It doesnt say boarding for the night do you think that is included.

Also another qoute from Airpets says:

Owners declaration
Application for ministry of agriculture export certificate
96 hour paraciticide

Do you think this is already included in overhill qoute?

many thanks for your replys
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Overhill Kennels

Originally Posted by mum01753

We have just received a qoute from overhill kennels for taking our GSD to perth in Feb 08 it is as follows:

Q U O T A T I O N

TO: Exporting one dog to Perth, Australia.
Including flight from Heathrow, transport
to Heathrow airport from our kennels in Bristol,
crate, final health certificate, worming, sealing
and final vet check at Heathrow, airline handling
and administration.

Total Cost £ 2181.00

Additional charges to take into consideration will be:
General booster, permit, and microchipping. Australian
Quarantine is payable locally.

The above quotation is based on a crate size of:
42x20x34”

Any increases by airlines or veterinary surgeons are beyond
our control and would have to be charged accordingly.

Is there anything else i need to know or sort out or pay for.
It doesnt say boarding for the night do you think that is included.

Also another qoute from Airpets says:

Owners declaration
Application for ministry of agriculture export certificate
96 hour paraciticide

Do you think this is already included in overhill qoute?

I stopped and spoke to Overhill kennels when they had a stand at a recent dog show I was at, very professional, helpful and the lady said they'd hold any quote once you have it and that it includes all costs, they seem to be very organised even as far as telling you when to go for jabs/tests etc, what to tell your vet etc.

I'll certainly give them a go when I get my quotes. Only thing I didn't like was the wooden crates they make them, one of my dogs will get out but they did say it would be no problem for him to have a plastic crate.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

We got a quote from them because they were local, but it was way over cost of others we had. We went with Golden Arrow.....A little further away but well impressed by there set up, and kennels/cattery felicities.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyD
We got a quote from them because they were local, but it was way over cost of others we had. We went with Golden Arrow.....A little further away but well impressed by there set up, and kennels/cattery felicities.
Thanks for your replies,

Where are Golden arrow based?

i know they dont have a web site and that puts me off a bit, did you go and see them? What was the differance in prices for you?

We are an hour and half away for overhill kennels but their qoute was £529 cheaper than airpets which is a lot of money

Many thanks
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Thanks for your replies,

Where are Golden arrow based?

i know they dont have a web site and that puts me off a bit, did you go and see them? What was the differance in prices for you?

We are an hour and half away for overhill kennels but their qoute was £529 cheaper than airpets which is a lot of money

Many thanks
We decided to take cat & dog there (somewhere in Shropshire Tel:01588 680 240 ) really to check out the Kennels and cattery conditions. Our pets were booked in for a few of weeks stay there so needed to be reassured that they will be ok. They also done the necessary blood test for us. Very professional and helpful.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:27 am
Staying in BoxHill

chessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to all

We used these guys and to be honest cannot recommend them enough.

I travelled over before the wife who was left to tidy up a few loose ends with the house sale etc and our dog failed the blood test during this time. These guys were understanding and compiled various fallback positions IF it were to fail again (thankfully it didnt). They briefed us through every step and even challenged some of the findings of the vets who were trying to interpret the results!

I greeted the dog when she arrived after a week in quarantine and left her for the remaining 3 weeks. Upon speaking with the quarantine people here there was no issues with the paperwork or travel arrangements.

You will obviously pay for the boarding of the dog when it arrives in Australia so be aware of that. You may even have to register the dog with the council upon arrival which again is further cost (even higher if its a bitch and not be desexed).
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chessp
We used these guys and to be honest cannot recommend them enough.

I travelled over before the wife who was left to tidy up a few loose ends with the house sale etc and our dog failed the blood test during this time. These guys were understanding and compiled various fallback positions IF it were to fail again (thankfully it didnt). They briefed us through every step and even challenged some of the findings of the vets who were trying to interpret the results!

I greeted the dog when she arrived after a week in quarantine and left her for the remaining 3 weeks. Upon speaking with the quarantine people here there was no issues with the paperwork or travel arrangements.

You will obviously pay for the boarding of the dog when it arrives in Australia so be aware of that. You may even have to register the dog with the council upon arrival which again is further cost (even higher if its a bitch and not be desexed).
Thats good news, i really feel for my loverly dog going through all of it by herself makes me really sad to think of her in a crate with no-one around in the bottom of the aeroplane.

didnt know about the council bit she has not been spayed yet hope it wont be too much more money.

Airpets have asked us to take her to them so they can measure her themself to be able to give a competitive qoute then we will decided which to go with, but i am feeling good about overhill kennels specially with all the good comments on here.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Very pleased with the quote from Overhill - just under £5000 for 4 Staffords, very nice people this includes 3 wooden crates and 1 plastic one. Very professional service.

My friend just used them last month and was very happy with the service.

Can anyone let me know about Melbourne quarantine, personal experiences etc........ thanks
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:54 pm
Staying in BoxHill

chessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to all

We used the Melbourne quarantine for our dog and they are based in Spotswood. To be honest with you we decided not to visit regularly due to the unnecessary stress imposed on the dog when we left. I did however visit them when our dog arrived to make sure she was settled in and they allowed us to take her out into the grass compound for some exercise. General impression was that the dogs were treated well enough for a quarantine centre but nonetheless you still want them out of there as quickly as possible.

General point to note though if your dog is overweight try to thin them own if you can because the heat here will take it out of them.