Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

over weight just a bit

Wikiposts

over weight just a bit

Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:47 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: over weight just a bit

I'd just like to correct this. Nothing like having misleading info.....

A BMI of 25 is at the top of the range for normal weight. Ideal is usually between 20-22.

Below 18.5 is underweight, over 25 but under 30 is overweight, above 30 and below 40 is obese, and above 40 is very obese.

Benefits of having a dietitian in the family ;-)

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Not exactly. My agent explained it as following:

Ideal BMI is 25
If BMI beween 25 and mid/late 30's then probably not a real problem
If BMI 40-49 then queries made and poss extra tests (heart etc) at your expense
If BMI over 49 then very likely to fail

Mine will be under 49 next time I am weighed (I got my practice nurse to give me a bit of support and she weighs me every 4 weeks and works out my BMI). Only just sent off for skills assessment so got time to get the rest off before meds called. Lost 2.75 stone in 8 weeks so should be OK.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brisnick
I'd just like to correct this. Nothing like having misleading info.....

A BMI of 25 is at the top of the range for normal weight. Ideal is usually between 20-22.

Below 18.5 is underweight, over 25 but under 30 is overweight, above 30 and below 40 is obese, and above 40 is very obese.

Benefits of having a dietitian in the family ;-)
Glad to get the official medical line . My post just tried to explain what my agent says DIMA are probably worried about. Obviously, we would all love to be in the 20-25 bracket but for some, in the time-frame, it is unachievable. It only makes things worse to be stressing about it.

Oh, and my practice nurse also told me that ideal BMI was 25. Nothing like the medical profession all singing from the same hymn sheet.........
Old Aug 11th 2006, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Glad to get the official medical line . My post just tried to explain what my agent says DIMA are probably worried about. Obviously, we would all love to be in the 20-25 bracket but for some, in the time-frame, it is unachievable. It only makes things worse to be stressing about it.

Oh, and my practice nurse also told me that ideal BMI was 25. Nothing like the medical profession all singing from the same hymn sheet.........

Hi Good on you for loosing the weight you will get there. My BMI is over 40 and DMIA have asked for extra test which I am having done on the 5/09/2006. All I can do till then is try to loose some more weight and keep going to the gym.

My practice nurse has done all the bloods just to check for me and everything is ok. So that is one less thing to worry about. If anyone wants to know what the extra test are PM me.

Sunshine23