Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Over 70's travel insurance

Over 70's travel insurance

Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Over 70's travel insurance

Anyone know where I can buy travel insurance for a couple aged 71 & 84 to travel to Oz for a month without it doubling the cost of the holiday? I will be buying it in the UK.

Also, are there any companies that do an annual policy for this age group?

Thanks

Adi
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Default Re: Over 70's travel insurance

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Anyone know where I can buy travel insurance for a couple aged 71 & 84 to travel to Oz for a month without it doubling the cost of the holiday? I will be buying it in the UK.

Also, are there any companies that do an annual policy for this age group?

Thanks

Adi
Try the post office insurance. My gran is 83 and flew to Crete last year, she fell and broke her hip and shoulder unfortunately but they were great. Obviously more expensive due to age and you have to declare all medical conditions but I couldn't fault them. You can't just do it on line because of their age you have to speak to someone but it was quite easy, my mum did it all for my Gran on the phone.
Good luck
sals
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We have been looking for some travel insurance for the in laws who are in their 70's. These are a few companies we have looked at:

http://www.insureforall.com/senior-c...nior&WT.srch=1

http://www.portwood.co.uk/travel-ins...5-70-75-80.htm

http://www.saga.co.uk/travelandleisure/
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Thanks! Will give these a go!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

woodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nice

Also try 'Help The Aged '. They do not impose any age limit.