Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Over 3000 Jobs Available!!!

Over 3000 Jobs Available!!!

Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice
Default Over 3000 Jobs Available!!!

This one website has over 3000 jobs advertised for the mining industry in Oz. Before you write it off take a look, there are a massive variety available from nurses to engineers to geologists to boilermakers to truck drivers to admin assistants.

http://www.infomine.com/careers/jobs...ning.jobs.aspx

I don't work for them don't worry, I'm just shocked at how many people on here say they can't get jobs when there are so many available!

To view most of the contact details/locations etc you have to sign up for $15 a month but you can easily just print off all the jobs then cancel after the first month.

If you do get a job through them feel free to buy me a beer
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of
Default Re: Over 3000 Jobs Available!!!

How current are those jobs?
Just because it's listed doesn't mean its either a) real or b) still in existence.
I've worked in online advertising and while the practice is usually illegal and at the very least unethical it does happen.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
This one website has over 3000 jobs advertised for the mining industry in Oz. Before you write it off take a look, there are a massive variety available from nurses to engineers to geologists to boilermakers to truck drivers to admin assistants.

http://www.infomine.com/careers/jobs...ning.jobs.aspx

I don't work for them don't worry, I'm just shocked at how many people on here say they can't get jobs when there are so many available!

To view most of the contact details/locations etc you have to sign up for $15 a month but you can easily just print off all the jobs then cancel after the first month.

If you do get a job through them feel free to buy me a beer
I smell a rat. Any agency/website wanting $15 upfront for access to job vacancies are a bunch of thieving b******s. They are taking advantage of the hundreds, possibly thousands of newly redundant miners hoping to get back into employment. Shame on them for this scam!!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

There seem to be alot of Engineering jobs about but you need 5+ years experience for most of them.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernlights
I smell a rat. Any agency/website wanting $15 upfront for access to job vacancies are a bunch of thieving b******s.
I have a recollection that it is actually illegal to charge people for access to jobs: recruitment agencies must be remunerated by the employer. Have I made that up or am I right?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:18 am
ABCDiamond

I just looked at that site quickly, and I think you can see all the jobs, without a subscription, but need to email them for further details.

Under the Careers section, which is all that most people here would want, it says:

Careers (Without Subscription)
YES - Job Posting Access (view all jobs)
NO - Limited access to resumes database (no access to contact information)

The subscription gives access to things such as:
subscriber-only new and used mining equipment listings
subscriber-only news, editorials and search facilities
etc

Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RCoight
How current are those jobs?
Just because it's listed doesn't mean its either a) real or b) still in existence.
I've worked in online advertising and while the practice is usually illegal and at the very least unethical it does happen.
Quite common practice with agencies over here I believe. Even a lot of the jobs on Seek are fronts and when you apply they just tell you they are an agency with "several roles" to fill.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Quite common practice with agencies over here I believe. Even a lot of the jobs on Seek are fronts and when you apply they just tell you they are an agency with "several roles" to fill.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...9-1248,00.html
More mining jobs going.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

lol sure.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernlights
I smell a rat. Any agency/website wanting $15 upfront for access to job vacancies are a bunch of thieving b******s. They are taking advantage of the hundreds, possibly thousands of newly redundant miners hoping to get back into employment. Shame on them for this scam!!

Actually all the "hot" and "open" jobs you don't have to pay for.

This website is very well respected and provides a damn sight more than just jobs, it's parent is called "infomine" for a reason! I spend at least 1-2hrs of my working day browsing on there and I haven't paid a penny for the service.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:48 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

This one website has over 3000 jobs advertised for the mining industry in Oz ... I'm just shocked at how many people on here say they can't get jobs when there are so many available!
3000 is but a mere fraction of the number of new immigrants to Australia every year - to say nothing of the 20-odd million people that already live there.

The fact that there are 3000 jobs on offer (assuming for a moment that they are all real vacancies) doesn't necessarily reflect on the total number of unemployed in Australia.

- CDM
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CDM
3000 is but a mere fraction of the number of new immigrants to Australia every year - to say nothing of the 20-odd million people that already live there.

The fact that there are 3000 jobs on offer (assuming for a moment that they are all real vacancies) doesn't necessarily reflect on the total number of unemployed in Australia.

- CDM
True but it's a bloody good start!