Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Outdoor roller blinds

Outdoor roller blinds

Old Jan 31st 2016, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Outdoor roller blinds

My apartment is east west facing meaning that my bedroom gets the heat in the morning and my lounge in the afternoon. Roller blinds on the balcony would seem the answer. Are there recommendations for type of system? I've been offered blinds with tracks on each side or without tracks that hook to the floor or the wall at the very bottom. All are able to resist most of the sunlight uv and wind. Mechanicals are guaranteed for 1 or 2 years and blinds for 5 years. Some advice would be great.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:04 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Outdoor roller blinds

Originally Posted by discobay
My apartment is east west facing meaning that my bedroom gets the heat in the morning and my lounge in the afternoon. Roller blinds on the balcony would seem the answer. Are there recommendations for type of system? I've been offered blinds with tracks on each side or without tracks that hook to the floor or the wall at the very bottom. All are able to resist most of the sunlight uv and wind. Mechanicals are guaranteed for 1 or 2 years and blinds for 5 years. Some advice would be great.
We installed ten about seven years ago on the Western side of the house (where the winds come from) and they have been fine. They are electric, remote controlled and cut the noise down to zero. We put up six ourselves but had the big one and three which are 12 feet up installed for us.

OzRoll was the manufacturer.

The only issue - probably common - is that the RF receiver on each is built in to the Nicad rechargeable battery pack and these don't last forever. We had several lose charge and at $80 each I bypassed them all and wired a 12v battery in the garage to them, keeping that on charge: works well.