Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Out of interest!!!

Out of interest!!!

Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:12 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Out of interest!!!

Calling all who have either moved to the Gold Coast or who are coming over soon. It would be really great to know who`s who so maybe I could arrange a meet at some point in time. Let me know who you are and where you are/or proposing to live. It would be good if we could get something arranged. Best regards Louisa
Old Jun 28th 2004, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Louisa. we are off to the Gold Coast, hopefully by the end of September, house sale permitting of course. We have just got back from our validation trip a few days ago, and really can't wait to get back there now. We are hoping to settle at Pacific Pines, even thinking about building our own home.

Cheers
Gina
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Louisa
I am off to Gold Coast in September.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 5:43 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll be there Aug 21st ......God willing !

all the best plum
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Out of interest!!!

Originally posted by robertd
Calling all who have either moved to the Gold Coast or who are coming over soon. It would be really great to know who`s who so maybe I could arrange a meet at some point in time. Let me know who you are and where you are/or proposing to live. It would be good if we could get something arranged. Best regards Louisa
Hi Louisa

Were heading for Jimboomba end september not too far from Gold Coast.

Me hubby 3 kids 11,13,14 and 4 newfoundlands

would be good to meet up when we get there - hubby is Mr Timber!!!

regards

Debs
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:24 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robertd
Heading to Burleigh in Nov, sadly just staying with friends for a week. But hopefully someone will offer me a job and then I can make it permament
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:30 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Hi Louisa,

We're off to Wellington Point just up the coast a bit, to stay with relatives before renting. Probably won't be there until middle of next year though. Would be good to keep in touch with the Brits in the area and see how all the applications are proceeding.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road
Talking

hiya Louisa,

We're hoping to move to somewhere around Brisbane in the nxt year... hopefully no more than an hour away from the Gold Coast.

There'll be my boyfriend and myself moving and we'll be staying in Munruben when we first get there with his Mum n Dad.

So if you do a 'meet and greet' sometime nxt year keep us posted. We'd love to meet some new people who have resently moved out there.

Cat xXx
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

hi there gina, just saw that you live in the pacific pines area... we are looking to head out next april to the gold coast area, problem is we don't know where abouts exactly.. friends like pacific pines and helensvale, i've seen a few nice properties in oxenford... could you give us any advice re. these areas... what are they like, you know for schools and so on... we've both got little children and are anxious in that, we don't want to settle our kids into schools to then find out we have moved to areas we don't like and then have to uproot them again...

pacific pines does look nice, what is oxenford like, do you know???

any info would be really appreciated...

honeybob...
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We - Penny, Kevan, Heather and Abbie, will be out to validate this time next year and be there - gold coast - as soon as poss after. Please bear us in mind for the future!! - All right, I don't expect you to remember!

Honeybob (and anyone else interested)

I have got a great book. It's written by a lady called Chantal Dunbar (I think she goes by the name of Surfie Chick on here) All about all the towns on Gold Coast. It is not available in the shops here but if you PM me I can give the info on how to get it. It is really good - loads of info, and from what I gather, still up to date although published last year.

Penny
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

hi penny,

have sent you a PM as requested

looking forward to hearing from you...

honeybob..
Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Hiya Louisa

I'm Cat and my fella and I are hoping to move to munruben or somewhere near by. Unforntunatley we will only be over next summer but it would be nice to keep in touch until then.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya i think ive answered another one of your threads, myself hubby and daughter will be out there early next year would love to meet up,not sure exactly where yet but gold coast is fave.Lets have a brby and a bevvy.tracey.
Originally Posted by robertd
Old Aug 17th 2004, 5:51 pm
togooff&things

Hi, We're going to Tamborine (to start and see how we like it), which is fairly close. Should be in less than 6 months. Were doing Police checks now. Happy to get to know anyone that can take us as we come! 2 kids and the best hubby in the world!
Colette x

Old Aug 17th 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi louisa,
I know its a while away but hope to be out there by mid 2005 would be nice to keep intouch

Sue2