On Our Way

Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:49 am
Arrived Oz Oct 2013

Elizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to all
Smile On Our Way

Sooooo excited but slightly nervous too as there seems to be so much to do!

I saw a post on here about six months ago which gave a Things to Do list which looked really helpful but I can't seem to find the link to it now can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Elizabeth
Old Dec 7th 2012, 11:59 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On Our Way

Originally Posted by Elizabeth31

I saw a post on here about six months ago which gave a Things to Do list which looked really helpful but I can't seem to find the link to it now can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Elizabeth
Here is one: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...42&postcount=2

have a look at a sticky in the main Australia forum, it has a few more links to the similar threads.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 12:14 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth31

Elizabeth
Hi Ho,

This one is geared to the US but contains lots of stuff you might do before you leave. It's from the wiki section:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/List_o...n_about_Moving
Old Dec 7th 2012, 1:43 pm
Arrived Oz Oct 2013

Elizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: On Our Way

Many thanks Sherlock and NewJersey both very helpful links.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 3:46 am
Just Joined

PrincessPicklenose is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Elizabeth! ... and welcome to Oz! You may have days where you get homesick for anything from home, but try to remember..... you have to give it a go to know if the grass is greener on the otherside! Enjoy!
Old Dec 10th 2012, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Best of luck, we have been here 6 months and loving it...
Old Dec 10th 2012, 8:41 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and enjoy the trip.
Welcome to Oz and remember 3 important things;
1. Try before you buy (e.g. rent in a suburb before you buy a house there)
2. They do not speak the same language, it looks the same but they have their own idiosyncrasies.
3. Never use the phrase "Yes but back in the UK..." it never helps your argument!