Our update

Old Oct 6th 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our update

Hello peeps,
I haven't been on here much lately, so thought that I would keep you updated with all that is going on here.
We were supposed to have exchanged contracts over 2 weeks ago, but with one thing and another with problems further down the chain, it still hasn't gone ahead.
Removals are booked for 13th/14th October. Been frantically packing, washing and throwing everything.
Took the dog for her blood test this afternoon. Hope that comes back okay.
We were supposed to be sending the dog over on the 17th Oct, but they can't get her in quarantine in Perth until the end of October as they are so busy.
We are supposed to be moving out of the house on the 17th Oct too, but it is looking more and more doubtful by the day.
We are trying to keep positive, as all could change with one phone call, so we are going along as though there are no problems. Hubby is getting a bit stressy, but for some amazing reason, I feel very chilled and keep thinking that it will all fall into place. I must be gettin old, I seemed to have mellowed.

Whisky
Old Oct 6th 2003, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Fingers crossed or you both- if anyone deserves it to go through you two do
Keep us posted!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 4:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers firmly crossed for you Whisky, you deserve it all to work out for you. Time something went right.
If it goes according to plan we are both moving out on the same day! Hows that for fate - spooky huh. Anyone seen a witch round here?!
I think you have the right attitude - you have to stay chilled - no point in getting stressed about things over which you have no control.
Keep me posted, and good luck
Old Oct 6th 2003, 4:26 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck whisky, stay positive, thing will work out in the end, fingers crossed for you
Old Oct 6th 2003, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Hey Whisky, its all so close now, fingers crossed that everything happens when it should, i'm glad your chilled, would you like to tell the rest of us how you manage it

Lynn

ps, if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost for the dogs blood tests?
Old Oct 6th 2003, 4:40 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynn,
Not sure about Whisky, though some of her thoughts are probably the same - the recipe for being chilled is - remind yourself how lucky you are to have the chance to go, and how many people (wherever they are) will be wishing you well. Then (more down to earth!) remember that you have to empty the drinks cupboard before you go..........!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Wishing you all the best and fingers crossed it all works out.

footie chick
Old Oct 6th 2003, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Thanks Pollyana

Thanks for reminding me that i'd have to watch other people draining my drinks cabinet before we go..........................stress levels arent really that bad yet, we've just put the cars up for sale and that IS stressing me because i cant control it, but hey 8 weeks today i'll be there with my rose tinted specs on and everything will be well with the world.

Lynn
Old Oct 6th 2003, 5:15 pm
Home and Happy

Know the feeling Lynn, I've been wearing my rose tinted specs today - they make a half-packed flat look more presentable. And how is it that cleaning a fridge and a cooker can be such a hooooorrible job!!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Our update

Originally posted by whisky
Hello peeps,
I haven't been on here much lately, so thought that I would keep you updated with all that is going on here.
We were supposed to have exchanged contracts over 2 weeks ago, but with one thing and another with problems further down the chain, it still hasn't gone ahead.
Removals are booked for 13th/14th October. Been frantically packing, washing and throwing everything.
Took the dog for her blood test this afternoon. Hope that comes back okay.
We were supposed to be sending the dog over on the 17th Oct, but they can't get her in quarantine in Perth until the end of October as they are so busy.
We are supposed to be moving out of the house on the 17th Oct too, but it is looking more and more doubtful by the day.
We are trying to keep positive, as all could change with one phone call, so we are going along as though there are no problems. Hubby is getting a bit stressy, but for some amazing reason, I feel very chilled and keep thinking that it will all fall into place. I must be gettin old, I seemed to have mellowed.

Whisky
I hope that everything sorts itself out for you Whisky
best of luck
rach & family
Old Oct 6th 2003, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Whisky,

glad for you that it's the " last leg " of the migration experience!

Stay happy.

Best wishes, leigh.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, thanks for your good wishes.
Why am I so chilled? Not quite sure. I think that maybe after all the things that have happened lately, I realise that life ain't worth getting ruffled about, because no matter how much you try to do things right through this moving process, there are so many people and agencies etc involved, that they don't think it as important as we do. ( AHC, waiting for visas, Estate agents, Solicitors, buyers, buyers buyers and all their Solicitors, Removals, Vets, Kennels, Car selling).
When you weigh up all the stress, all the phoneing round, all the emails, all the faxing, and all the paperwork of one sort or another, you could quite easily go over the edge, and I'm not prepared to do that, as I imagine it will be just as bad at the other end, so when you look at it, we are only about 1/2 way there.

I don't know how much the blood test has cost yet, but will let you know when I get the results.

Polly, I haven't got any drink left, haven't had any for ages. God I miss it.

There seems to be so many of us oldies that are going now. I do hope that we will keep in touch.

Whisky
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:14 pm
Home and Happy

Whisky, I started running out of drink, so took some gear in to work and flogged it - and they paid me in bottles of wine! So now I have to drink it, such hardship!!
I feel exactly the same as you - after recent events, you realise that there are some things it just isn't worth being stressed about.
Will certainly keep in touch; hope you will too, whenever we can get hold of a computer!
Chin up mate, we are nearly there!!