Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our leaving do was on Saturday

Our leaving do was on Saturday

Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our leaving do was on Saturday

We had our leaving do in the function suite of our local pub on Saturday and we have just about recovered.

we had about 70 friends and family there, everybody we invited with 1 exception turned up and the one who didn't was my oldest friend, he had phoned the week before and said that he was having trouble getting a babysitter for his Daughters and told him to bring them along as they are 10 & 14 but I never heard anymore from him

Everybody had a great time and the night seemed to fly by, we had loads of cards and we had told people that we did not want any leaving presents as we have just cleared a load of stuff out of the house and didn't want it filled up again. But we still ended up with a ton of flowers & chocolates, I was given a framed golf shirt signed by all the team members from my golf club ( we had won one of the major county competitions last year) and we also got a framed photo of all our friends drinking in the local pub. We had told them that we did not want a lift to Heathrow as it would hard enough as it is, so as a surprise they have booked us a Limo to take us there, not any limo but a bloody great big Hummer Limo

we all had too much to drink, not too many tears either and we got to bed at 3.00 and was up again at 7.30 to play in a golf match. We had a fantastic night that we will always remember so if anybody has any doubts about having a leaving do, just do it you will love it.

We just want to get on that plane now

John & Julie
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:03 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our leaving do was on Saturday

Originally Posted by jond
We had our leaving do in the function suite of our local pub on Saturday and we have just about recovered.

we had about 70 friends and family there, everybody we invited with 1 exception turned up and the one who didn't was my oldest friend, he had phoned the week before and said that he was having trouble getting a babysitter for his Daughters and told him to bring them along as they are 10 & 14 but I never heard anymore from him

Everybody had a great time and the night seemed to fly by, we had loads of cards and we had told people that we did not want any leaving presents as we have just cleared a load of stuff out of the house and didn't want it filled up again. But we still ended up with a ton of flowers & chocolates, I was given a framed golf shirt signed by all the team members from my golf club ( we had won one of the major county competitions last year) and we also got a framed photo of all our friends drinking in the local pub. We had told them that we did not want a lift to Heathrow as it would hard enough as it is, so as a surprise they have booked us a Limo to take us there, not any limo but a bloody great big Hummer Limo

we all had too much to drink, not too many tears either and we got to bed at 3.00 and was up again at 7.30 to play in a golf match. We had a fantastic night that we will always remember so if anybody has any doubts about having a leaving do, just do it you will love it.

We just want to get on that plane now

John & Julie

Sounds like you had a fantastic night !!! We didnt do a leaving night, but thinking about it now, i wish i had, it would have been cheaper !! we spent a fortune going out for drinks and dinners with our friends

but anyway, glad to hear you've recovered, all the best for your new life, hen do you leave ?

fee
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:04 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it was a great bash. Just to wish you both a safe journey and hope everything goes well once you get to the other side.

I wish I was there to see all the looks you're gonna get when you rock up at Heathrow in the Hummer limo - your mates have good a great sense of humour! Enjoy!!

Nicky
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:09 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

maybe your best friend is too upset to face you going???
sounds like a great night have a great new life
good luck

jan xx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Sounds like you had a fantastic night !!! We didnt do a leaving night, but thinking about it now, i wish i had, it would have been cheaper !! we spent a fortune going out for drinks and dinners with our friends

but anyway, glad to hear you've recovered, all the best for your new life, hen do you leave ?

fee

We leave on the 19th at 22.00hrs on a Qantas flight, I had a call from my Sister in Melbourne on Saturday and she thinks that see might have wangled us an upgrade to business class so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Its our last week at work and the only hard part left is taking our dog to the shippers on Sunday.

John
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robos
maybe your best friend is too upset to face you going???
jan xx

This might be the reason, I will have to try and visit him before we go. He lives 35 miles away and whilst thats no distance for me to drive, I do 35k-40k miles a year for work it seems miles for him. he still lives a mile from were he was born and works about 2 miles from there, so for him to visit me would take weeks planning, car serviced etc

John