Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will Australia be like England in 10 years?

Will Australia be like England in 10 years?

Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Will Australia be like England in 10 years?

We are on the track for emigrating (tra Stage aargh) buthave wondered about this as everybody we know seems to know somebody going or gone to Oz.

I wonder if my young children will be standing bored on street corners at 15 in the chav equivalent clothes of the day and being what exactly we dont want them to be here.

I know this is mainly due to the parents but if lots of typical Brits are going then surely many will take their attitudes with them.

Its not a major concern for me as I am quite happy integrating with the Aussies just a thought.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Australia be like England in 10 years?

Originally Posted by caleb2003
We are on the track for emigrating (tra Stage aargh) buthave wondered about this as everybody we know seems to know somebody going or gone to Oz.

I wonder if my young children will be standing bored on street corners at 15 in the chav equivalent clothes of the day and being what exactly we dont want them to be here.

I know this is mainly due to the parents but if lots of typical Brits are going then surely many will take their attitudes with them.

Its not a major concern for me as I am quite happy integrating with the Aussies just a thought.

Certain areas are already well on their way to being like UK. Funny how you blame the brits???? Would have thought it'd be a far more likely products of their environment and what the media exposes them to. Lots of trouble makers in Aus who have no connection with UK apart from their Great Great Grandparents going out there years ago, also there are quite a few problems with some sections of the indigenous population, i.e. getting drunk in public and performing sexual acts.
But if t works for you blaming you and your kind then good on ya
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:30 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleb2003

I would have thought that most Brits that adhere to the 'chav' way of life, wouldn't have the brains, finances nor know how to get to Oz...so can assume that you will be safe for a while!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

I'm not blaming my own, people can be like that anywhere in the world but many people state they want to get away from the so called 'yob' culture I was just wondering if some are taking it with em.