Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our immigration story and new website

Our immigration story and new website

Old Sep 20th 2002, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

J Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really nice
Default Our immigration story and new website

Hi to all,
Please visit our personal website and see how we have got on in Australia since emigrating from the UK ten months ago.
You will also find some pages regarding how our application progressed as well as many questions answered now we are out here. I hope you will find this of interest and sorry about the long address!! (just stick it in your favourites)

http://userweb.caloundra.net/jeremy/

Cheers for now
Jerry
Old Sep 20th 2002, 11:46 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: Our immigration story and new website

Aww Mate,let me be the first of many to say 'Thanks for this link'.It's just what this forum needs of late.
I've had a quick browse,and it's very well put together.I'm guessing yer not a sparky by trade.
I'm afraid the only links I can suggest need parental guidance notes (& a dog license)
Keep it up & thanks again
BB
Old Sep 21st 2002, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

That is a good website, well put together. Having lived there (Sunshine Coast) for many years I think it is only fair to mention that Unemployment there is around 26%. Average income is only $22,000 pa.

This information is not posted in a killjoy spirit, but as a very major downside to that particular area. (Seasonal depends on Tourism). I am not saying dont go there, just that it is an area where you would probably have to create your own employment. As we did there and i notice the people in the website.
Old Sep 21st 2002, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Originally posted by J Irons:
Hi to all,
Please visit our personal website and see how we have got on in Australia since emigrating from the UK ten months ago.
You will also find some pages regarding how our application progressed as well as many questions answered now we are out here. I hope you will find this of interest and sorry about the long address!! (just stick it in your favourites)

Cheers for now
Jerry
Your website is brilliant, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do this it`s extremely informative and I wish you every success.
Marlo
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent had chance to read it all but thanks so much. Are you sure youre a chef??? Excellent website. Must have taken you forever. You are certainly very lucky that DIMIA opened your case by accident. Most of us that applied the same time as you are still waiting!!!

Good luck!

Nicky
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't get into some pages - Are your links working correctly? I think it was photos and where we live.

Anyway looks like a helpful resource and good to see someone settled successfully. I think sometimes writing it all down helps get closure on the whole experience. It's like writing a diary....

Good Luck
Mash

Hi to all,

Cheers for now
Jerry
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Jerry for this site, and also for the time you spent in making it.

In case one day you don't want to work as a Chef anymore, you certainly have a future as a web designer, or even as a poet

Myriam
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

J Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really niceJ Irons is just really nice

Originally posted by mashiraz:
Couldn't get into some pages - Are your links working correctly? I think it was photos and where we live.

Anyway looks like a helpful resource and good to see someone settled successfully. I think sometimes writing it all down helps get closure on the whole experience. It's like writing a diary....

Good Luck
Mash

The links are all working, the pages need the Flash plug in, perhaps that is why they are not loading up for some of you?
Thanks for all your reply's and support please keep checking my site for more info and good luck to you all.
Jerry
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 9:01 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Jeremy,

Congratulations on an informative site. Get all your links working and it will be great.

Kind regards,

Cinderella.
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 9:22 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Cool/useful pages - thanks

The links are all working, the pages need the Flash plug in, perhaps that is why they are not loading up for some of you?
Thanks for all your reply's and support please keep checking my site for more info and good luck to you all.
Jerry
Nope - the banner at the top of all the secondary pages has absolute links to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\new_irons_family_downunder\contact.htm which suggests the flash files on each page haven't compiled correctly - I suspect they work fine for you beacuse you have the original source on your pc!

J
Old Sep 24th 2002, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by walaj:
Cool/useful pages - thanks

Nope - the banner at the top of all the secondary pages has absolute links to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\new_irons_family_downunder\contact.htm which suggests the flash files on each page haven't compiled correctly - I suspect they work fine for you beacuse you have the original source on your pc!

J
Thanks Walaj for pointing me in the right direction in fixing the broken links.
Cheers to everyone for all the kind words regarding our new website, good luck to you all and keep watching.

Jeremy