Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are Our Agents Being Rubbish?

Are Our Agents Being Rubbish?

Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in Redmond, Washington, returning to Sydney 2013!!
SamG will become famous soon enough
Default Are Our Agents Being Rubbish?

We had our medicals done on 22nd June and are still waiting for news of our visa. We've recently been asking our migration agents to establish with DIMIA whether they've received all of our documents (police check, x-rays etc) and/or what our application status is. But after chasing them with several phone calls they've now said that DIMIA won't give such a confirmation and that we should just sit tight.

So does anyone know if this is right? Or are our agents just being rubbish? It would be good to know before I start giving them a hard time.

Thanks,
Sam.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:17 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Our Agents Being Rubbish?

Originally Posted by SamG
We had our medicals done on 22nd June and are still waiting for news of our visa. We've recently been asking our migration agents to establish with DIMIA whether they've received all of our documents (police check, x-rays etc) and/or what our application status is. But after chasing them with several phone calls they've now said that DIMIA won't give such a confirmation and that we should just sit tight.

So does anyone know if this is right? Or are our agents just being rubbish? It would be good to know before I start giving them a hard time.

Thanks,
Sam.

Hi Sam,
Dimia dont give you confirmation,did you use a courier to get your meds & pc,s to Adelaide? our agent sent ours & tracked them all the way so we knew they had got there at least,whatever happens within the dept is anyones guess!
We recently sent medical reports to Dimia & they said they would not disclose whether they have recieved them or not!-so i know how bloody frustrating it is!
Donna.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:19 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are Our Agents Being Rubbish?

Originally Posted by SamG

Thanks,
Sam.
Hi Sam

Our agent sent us our meds and pcc request, the letter from the DIMIA clearly states that they will not acknowledge safe receipt of these docs, they have advised if you need acknowledgement then they should be sent by courier and you should chase the courier for acknowledgement of safe receipt. We sent our meds to Sydney by DHL and tracked them on the internet. We then sent our PCC to Adelaide by Royal Mail and today I received my postcard acknowledging safe receipt in adelaide. You pay extra 40p for this.

Did your agent send them for you, if so then you need to find out how they sent them, and what tracking facility they have used.

Julia