our 1st month on the Sunshine Coast

our 1st month on the Sunshine Coast

Old Sep 24th 2006, 8:27 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road
Default Re: our 1st month on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by sbond
Hi Selina,
Congratulations on such a smooth move - maybe you can set up your own little business helping others move to the Sunshine Coast!

After 6 years at the coast, we're just about to move closer to Brisbane, as that's where most of our business is now. So for all the newies, we just posted in the classifieds section an ad for our house and land (3.5 acres). 5 bedrooms and room for a horse, but only 5 minutes drive to Peregian Beach. Would suit someone wanting to work from home also - with huge office/family room and parking for visitors. Here's the ad - http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...cat=500&page=1

Best wishes,
steph

Steph

Cant view your ad yet as it hasnt been approved.

Caz
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:34 pm
good karma

sbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nice

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Steph

Cant view your ad yet as it hasnt been approved.

Caz
Oops! Hopefully it will soon. In the meantime, here is a link to the site with all the pics and info... http://optusnet.com.au/~janbond.

Thanks for letting me know,
Steph
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Oops! Hopefully it will soon. In the meantime, here is a link to the site with all the pics and info... http://optusnet.com.au/~janbond.

Steph
Just one word WOW what a beautiful house
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:43 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Steph

STEPH

We are going to apply for our CPV visa in Feb once our Daughter has been there for two years and has her PR which she is in the process of applying for, just waiting to see a consultant in Dec for her Epilepsy (of which she has had no fits for over 6 years so he may take her off her meds)
I wish we was over there now as I am sure I would buy your house, it looks absolutely fantastic.

We would need space and the ability to have a huge office as we have an internet photography business here in UK and will carry on with it in Australia.

Can't you hang on till we get there - please..............

Caz
www.beckhamdigital.co.uk
Old Sep 25th 2006, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Hi Selina,

thanks for such an informative post. We are coming out to the Sunshine Coast on the 9th November. We have been before and absolutely loved it. My husband is a chippy so hoping he finds work ok. Your post was so positive and so refreshing to read, just makes me want to get there soon to start our new life off!

For the person who was asking about licencing - The blue card is the health and safety card which all handy people have to have to be able to work. You can do this while you are in the UK, it is just a four hour course to prove that you know the basics of health and safety. The full licence is something that means you can work directly for customers as opposed to sub contracting. I believe that you have to go to college for 18 weeks (only one night a week) and have someone come out to assess you.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:52 am
good karma

sbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nicesbond is just really nice

Hi Caz,
Thanks for your kind words about the house. You're right - the open plan first floor would make a fabulous home office. Best wishes and good luck with all the prep work to make it to Queensland. Please keep in touch once you get here. You never know what will happen with the housing market.
Steph