OT jobs in Oz

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

rowiev is an unknown quantity at this point
Question OT jobs in Oz

Hi, from not so sunny Yorkshire!!

I'm due to graduate in OT in the summer (07) and seeing as there's no decent jobs in this country I'm seriously considering making the move to Australia.

Can anyone advise me on working conditions, job availability etc to help me with my decision-making.

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 3:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT jobs in Oz

Originally Posted by rowiev
Hi, from not so sunny Yorkshire!!

I'm due to graduate in OT in the summer (07) and seeing as there's no decent jobs in this country I'm seriously considering making the move to Australia.

Can anyone advise me on working conditions, job availability etc to help me with my decision-making.

Thanks
I know plenty of OT's with decent jobs in the UK
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:52 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

You need to move down south - private OTs get paid £60 an hour + I had to drive miles to get to one - although that was for paediatric OT - so I'm sure a paediatric OT based in Berks would do well.

Anyway I'm all for moving to Oz so go for it
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:28 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Would someone care to share the meaning of the abbreviation, 'OT'?? We're not all professionals in your field, you know!

I'm guessing, Occupational Therapist??