Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Orthodontists in Brisbane

Orthodontists in Brisbane

Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all
Default Orthodontists in Brisbane

My eldest daughter needs to see an orthodontist. She will be 9 in August and dentist had recommended she sees an orthodontist for check-up and/or braces at some point.

Anyone had a good experience and result with an orthodontist in Brisbane? Just trying to research which ones to contact. Got a few recommendations from friends with kids who have braces but wouldnt mind a few more.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 2:16 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orthodontists in Brisbane

Originally Posted by h1tvd
My eldest daughter needs to see an orthodontist. She will be 9 in August and dentist had recommended she sees an orthodontist for check-up and/or braces at some point.

Anyone had a good experience and result with an orthodontist in Brisbane? Just trying to research which ones to contact. Got a few recommendations from friends with kids who have braces but wouldnt mind a few more.
I can thoroughly recommend dr Mark Tuffley, who fixed my wisdom teeth issues a couple of years back. Not cheap, but a great bloke and made me feel completely at ease. I think the surgery is in Brisbane club tower 1, on adelaide street in the city.

cheers
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

We are using Dr Richard Olive of Brisbane Orthodontics. They have offices in the Queen Street Mall but he visits other surgeries as well so you may not have to traipse into the city. http://www.brisbane-orthodontics.com.au/

He is doing my daughter's braces (be prepared for a shock $5.5k!!!) and he's also worked on my OH's teeth. Very happy with him.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:51 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

I would definitely reccommend John Mewing, he has offices in Cleveland or Carindale - he is a lovely man and did a very good job with my stepdaughter's braces!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rabsody
We are using Dr Richard Olive of Brisbane Orthodontics. They have offices in the Queen Street Mall but he visits other surgeries as well so you may not have to traipse into the city. http://www.brisbane-orthodontics.com.au/

He is doing my daughter's braces (be prepared for a shock $5.5k!!!) and he's also worked on my OH's teeth. Very happy with him.
Thanks for the replies. Will look into recommendations.
$5.5k - hope thats Hong Kong dollars or I'll be eating beans on toast FOREVER.
Note to self - DIY project - supplies needed - chicken wire, staples & mild anaesthetic.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. Will look into recommendations.
$5.5k - hope thats Hong Kong dollars or I'll be eating beans on toast FOREVER.
Note to self - DIY project - supplies needed - chicken wire, staples & mild anaesthetic.
Yep, I think they all range between $5-$6k Goodbye credit card, hello beans on toast!

p.s. most of them offer monthly payment so you can spread it over the course of the treatment and if you have private health you may be able to claim something back depending on your policy.