Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We have finally arrived in Oz....

We have finally arrived in Oz....

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:24 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We have finally arrived in Oz....

And might i say its a brilliant feeling to have finally landed. Having left the UK on 19th June from Heathrow via Singapore then on to Sydney, spent a night in a hotel on the harbour and that was wonderful seeing it all lit up. We then drove the next day to Coff's Harbour but it was dark by the time we got to our hotel so didn't really see much of that area. Then today we have driven to Brisbane which will hopefully be our final destination. (Heading for Springfield or Forest Lake area)
The only reason we didn't fly directly to Brisbane in the first place was that my OH made an error when booking the flight, but never the less we are now, where we wanted to be and we have arrived her on our 1st wedding anniversary,so at least we wont ever forget the date.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of
Default Re: We have finally arrived in Oz....

Welcome to Brissie..
SE Queensland is a great place to live.
Wishing you many happy years here
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Welcome to Brissie..
SE Queensland is a great place to live.
Wishing you many happy years here
Hi
Just notice you are on the gold coast. Do you have any idea of what the work for builders is like out there???
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:51 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi
Just notice you are on the gold coast. Do you have any idea of what the work for builders is like out there???
I think in general they are crying out for trades men. Seems that every trade is in need. Will ask about and get back to you.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
I think in general they are crying out for trades men. Seems that every trade is in need. Will ask about and get back to you.
Hi
Thank you so much. That would be great!! He has an australian qualification in bricklaying, but is a general alround builder. He is hoping to move up to foreman or site supervisor. But any info you get would be fantastic.
Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future

Hi I would be interested in this also as my husband is a plasterer. We will be moving to the GC in November this year. Thanks, Clare
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

And might i say its a brilliant feeling to have finally landed. Having left the UK on 19th June from Heathrow via Singapore then on to Sydney, spent a night in a hotel on the harbour and that was wonderful seeing it all lit up. We then drove the next day to Coff's Harbour but it was dark by the time we got to our hotel so didn't really see much of that area. Then today we have driven to Brisbane which will hopefully be our final destination. (Heading for Springfield or Forest Lake area)
The only reason we didn't fly directly to Brisbane in the first place was that my OH made an error when booking the flight, but never the less we are now, where we wanted to be and we have arrived her on our 1st wedding anniversary,so at least we wont ever forget the date.
Hi and welcome to Brisbane

We live on the Gold Coast, about a 40/50 min drive from you, we looked at the springfield lake area when we were here a few years ago, we loved the area, so much to choose from, luckily oh was offered work on the GC which finally made up our minds.

If you need any help with fining a car/van, let me know and I will put you in touch with a licenced dealer who will take you to the auctions where you can buy direct, he is a mechanic so know's what he is looking for, I have put a few people over to him who have been more than happy and have saved $$$

That goes for anyone else that would be willing to travel to Brisbane who is looking for a car/van

Hope this helps

Sarah x
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Australia

Good luck with your plans

Gill