Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Options for most painless trip back to UK, flight/stopover-wise??

Options for most painless trip back to UK, flight/stopover-wise??

Old Nov 16th 2012, 9:48 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is best airline to fly back to the UK?

Originally Posted by sassie
If you want to arrive at Gatwick then Emirates this about your only option there. We have flown with them several times as we prefer to land at Gatwick, and we have always found them to be very good - no complaints so far and will be flying with them again witihin the next few months.
personally id always say Singapore air over emirates but thats just personal choice
Old Nov 16th 2012, 2:30 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Nowadays I would only fly Emirates or Singapore by choice.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Having recently flown Qatar Airways, would not recommend them.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Ideally looking to land at Gatwick, or Heathrow.

If you are flying business class then look for an airline that has a fully flat bed, some of them are only 170 degrees and you slip down and it is really annoying. www.seatguru.com

If you are flying economy then it is much of a muchness really, go for the cheapest, shortest travel time and if you are in a frequent flyer club then try to stick to that airline or the airlines it is affiliated so you collect points in one place.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Family of 3
+1
Old Nov 18th 2012, 3:02 am
Just Joined

jasper52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evelin
+1
Malaysian AIrlines,they now have the Airbus 380 double decker,friendly,helpful staff and not mean with the red wine.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 4:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Options for most painless trip back to UK, flight/stopover-wise??

Threads merged. Don't think you need two on the same subject.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

jasper52 is an unknown quantity at this point

best have stopover on way back to oz,kills the jetlag,went cathay pacific early this year ,they too are very good,seats don't go back ,cushions under bot go forward,great ,no air rage,also a fewdays in honkers was brill.stayed at the BP hotel (scouts) Kowloonn,had fantastic view of the city light show.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:30 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I have just flown back with Malaysia airlines and was very impressed very friendly and helpful cabin crew the airport was good and the planes were good with a 380 half of the trip and a 747 for the other bit the food was ok best on the 2 nd half of the flight oh and I got 30 kg baggage allowance both ways they are also far more generous in what you can carry on than emirates
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your input and ta moderator for combining my posts.

I have a provisional booking on an Emirates flight due to book on Thur. Once, I have booked I will update my post to share the details for others.

Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by asher
and I got 30 kg baggage allowance both ways they are also far more generous in what you can carry on than emirates
Emirates has 30kg standard in economy
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd give you my update.

Flight booked 19th Dec - 7th Jan with Emirates.

I stop at Dubai only for 3 hrs each way. Really happy with the flights, total cost $3,798 all up.

I havnt seen my Mum in 3 yrs since she came here and my Dad for 6 since we left.

My Mum + Dad have no idea I am visiting and wont til I turn up on their doorstep noon on the 20th!!! eeeeccckkk!! LOL:

Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is a bit off topic but can anyone recommend any free ipod apps worth a go for my looooooooooooooooooooooooong journey.

I have plenty of books already.

I am a female in my 40's, the memory match games can keep me amused briefly, are there any others out there that are any good. I have had a look, there are so many, where do you start. I am not into driving or shooting type games.

Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I used them only two months ago ( London to Singapore ), and I thought that they were great. The seats seemed generous in both width and pitch, the food and drink service was good and the cabin crew were friendly and accommodating.

In fact as were preparing to land in Singapore I went to the loo and as I passed a crew member squaring away the trollies he said to me "last chance for a beer before landing sir", needless to say he made a friend for life.

Pedro his name was, I hope he's on my return flight

What problems did you have to give them a 'bad press' ?

Last edited by Hino; Dec 13th 2012 at 4:43 am.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
What problems did you have to give them a 'bad press' ?
The airline is run by a megalomaniac!

Depending on what you believe cabin crew could lose their jobs over a single customer complaint. Some also suggest that pilots will be fearful of carrying out routine operations such as a go around on landing for fear of disciplinary action. But that could all just be rumour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.