Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OPENING MIGRANT BANK ACCOUNT WITH WESTPAC - CREDIT CHECK???

OPENING MIGRANT BANK ACCOUNT WITH WESTPAC - CREDIT CHECK???

Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

SUPERHULK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OPENING MIGRANT BANK ACCOUNT WITH WESTPAC - CREDIT CHECK???

Hi everyone,

I am coming to Australia first week of March 2010 and I am considering opening a migrant bank account with Westpac, London Branch.

I am wondering how the credit check is done? Does the bank do the credit check in the UK or in Australia or no credit check at all?

Your advise will be highly appreciated!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,

SuperHulk
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Default Re: OPENING MIGRANT BANK ACCOUNT WITH WESTPAC - CREDIT CHECK???

We did the same thing with westpac, do not think there is even a credit check to be honest, we filled it in online then got a phonecall. When we arrived in Perth went along to a branch gave id and that was that !!

Amanda
Old Dec 27th 2009, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: OPENING MIGRANT BANK ACCOUNT WITH WESTPAC - CREDIT CHECK???

If all you are doing is opening an account then there is no need for a credit check. I opened an account through the London office before I moved over and it was very straight forward. Deposited money from the UK and when I arrived I popped into a Westpac branch, showed my passport and gave arranged to pick up cards from the branch. Very easy.