Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Opening bank accout w/o fixed address

Opening bank accout w/o fixed address

Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

SEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really nice
Default Opening bank accout w/o fixed address

Hi,

I'm moving to Sydney in two days. I will be staying at a hotel the first week. I was wondering if it is possible to open a bank account without a fixed address (i.e while staying at the hotel)?

I've read somewhere that normally the bank requires a copy of a lease contract or gas bill or similar in order to open a bank account. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:40 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opening bank accout w/o fixed address

If you open a bank account within 6 weeks of arriving all the bank needs is your passport (it gets stamped when you enter the country so they can see when that was).

However, the bank will want to send you the card and cheque book after you've opened the account and for that you'd need an address. But if you're staying in Sydney, you could say you'd come back to the branch to collect your card and cheque book.

Gina