Reload this Page >

To move or not to move.....?

To move or not to move.....?

Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

eventer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To move or not to move.....?

Hi folks,

I have just joined you all on here tonight! My husband has just been offered a job in the Australian Army (he's currently an officer in the British Army). We are waiting for the written offer (due in this week!) but have been told we are most likely to end up in Canberra or Sydney. Initially we will be in quarters but our long term plan would be to buy a property - most likely in the Canberra region.

Is life really as good as it's reputed to be in Australia??? Any info/insite would be gratefully received. Now that it is almost final, I have to admit that I am getting slightly cold feet about it all and I guess I am asking you guys for a bit of reassurance

We have 2 small children (2yrs and 11 weeks) and are hoping that life in Oz will be better for them too....?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of
Default Re: To move or not to move.....?

This is nothing to do with your thread but i just wanted to welcome you all to the BE web site, good luck on whatever you decide to do
annkc
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

eventer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

id say most people going are either looking to have a better life for themself or definately for thier kids, we are,go for it and i hope it all goes well for you

kels x
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eventer
Hi folks,

I have just joined you all on here tonight! My husband has just been offered a job in the Australian Army (he's currently an officer in the British Army). We are waiting for the written offer (due in this week!) but have been told we are most likely to end up in Canberra or Sydney. Initially we will be in quarters but our long term plan would be to buy a property - most likely in the Canberra region.

Is life really as good as it's reputed to be in Australia??? Any info/insite would be gratefully received. Now that it is almost final, I have to admit that I am getting slightly cold feet about it all and I guess I am asking you guys for a bit of reassurance

We have 2 small children (2yrs and 11 weeks) and are hoping that life in Oz will be better for them too....?
Firstly I would like to say Hi and welcome you to BE, all I will say is go for it , if you go and decide you dont like it you can always come back I think its better than living on what ifs and if its something you have spoken about alot then it must be something deep down you want to do, you get one shot at life and life sure is a gamble