Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oops, jumped the gun maybe..

oops, jumped the gun maybe..

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice
Default oops, jumped the gun maybe..

sent p/c's and meds in on 20th May.

We asked the agent how certain they are about us getting our visa. they said 100 percent.
so we got some estate agents in to test the water. long and short they talked us into putting the house on the market!
Guess what its sold :scared: to a couple who have sold to first time buyers, who need to move as soon as poss. :scared: :scared: problem is still aint got our visa.
Gotta try and drag me heels a bit I think and pray the agent is right with their 100% guestimation.
Otherwise we need a three bed rental in Essex..

All the best

Cockney Rob.....

PS cross yer fingers for us......
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oops, jumped the gun maybe..

Hi

Well done on selling your house, we have had our visa 11 months now and have only just managed to sell!!

Can you go for an early exchange date but a later completion? if these 1st time buyers are in rental then maybe they wont mind waiting for a bit?

You should soon have your visa anyway, at least you can bugger off sharpish rather than waiting about
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:58 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lightr0d2o

We asked the agent how certain they are about us getting our visa. they said 100 percent.
so we got some estate agents in to test the water. long and short they talked us into putting the house on the market!
Guess what its sold :scared: to a couple who have sold to first time buyers, who need to move as soon as poss. :scared: :scared: problem is still aint got our visa.
Gotta try and drag me heels a bit I think and pray the agent is right with their 100% guestimation.

All the best

Cockney Rob.....

Have everything crossed for you, BUT I think that is wrong for your agent to say that you will get your visa 100% for sure!! :scared: If it was me I would tread very carefully!! Sure it will all be fine, but you dont know you def going to get a visa until you got the piece of paper in your hand saying you got it!!!

You should hear anytime as it has been over 8 weeks since you sent your Meds & PC's we heard within 3 weeks of sending..... I would accept offer on the house and just play it very carefull!!
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toon williams
Have everything crossed for you, BUT I think that is wrong for your agent to say that you will get your visa 100% for sure!! :scared: If it was me I would tread very carefully!! Sure it will all be fine, but you dont know you def going to get a visa until you got the piece of paper in your hand saying you got it!!!

You should hear anytime as it has been over 8 weeks since you sent your Meds & PC's we heard within 3 weeks of sending..... I would accept offer on the house and just play it very carefull!!
If they meet the requirements for the visa then they will get it. As long as they don't have a medical condition or a serious criminal record then it is 100% guaranteed.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best

Cockney Rob.....

At least you have sold your house so when you get your visas you can just go. There are lots of people with visas who then have to wait for their house to sell. And if for some reason you don't get your visa then you can just buy a different house in England and you will be in a very good position to make an offer with no house to sell.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:48 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
If they meet the requirements for the visa then they will get it. As long as they don't have a medical condition or a serious criminal record then it is 100% guaranteed.

Well I still cant see how anyone can guarantee you got your visa until like I said before it is in your hand or the phone call/email comes to tell you!!

I know our agents had a 99.9% success rate we got a 136 MODL passed TRA we knew we had no medical conditions but they would never of guaranted us we would get our visa!! Just think that is a strong assumption to make!!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by toon williams
Well I still cant see how anyone can guarantee you got your visa until like I said before it is in your hand or the phone call/email comes to tell you!!

I know our agents had a 99.9% success rate we got a 136 MODL passed TRA we knew we had no medical conditions but they would never of guaranted us we would get our visa!! Just think that is a strong assumption to make!!
Because if you fulfill all of the requirements they have to give you a visa.

What do you think could happen?

CO had a bad day? Don't like the look of your photo?

Everything will be fine
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Jez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of light

All the best

Cockney Rob.....

sell it ! dont get in the situation we are in, had our visa's 3months and 2 house sails fell through, right at the beginning again.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Well done on selling your house. Good luck with the visa too.