Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Gold Coast Mums!

Calling all Gold Coast Mums!

Old Jul 14th 2006, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about
Default Calling all Gold Coast Mums!

Hi!

We've been here on the Gold Coast now for 4 months, and everything is good so far, met loads of lovely people, made some good friends already.

Only thing is, I havent really met any stay at home mums with babies or toddlers - I have 19 month old twin boys - and I was wondering if anybody fancied meeting up for coffee etc, taking kids to the indoor play areas like Smileez etc, or if there were already "coffee morning" type meetings going on already on the Coast that I could tag along to!

Be great to hear from anyone in a similar boat,

Debbie

Last edited by Secretsquirral; Jul 14th 2006 at 3:07 am.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:45 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all
Default Re: Calling all Gold Coast Mums!

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
Hi!

We've been here on the Gold Coast now for 4 months, and everything is good so far, met loads of lovely people, made some good friends already.

Only thing is, I havent really met any stay at home mums with babies or toddlers - I have 19 month old twin boys - and I was wondering if anybody fancied meeting up for coffee etc, taking kids to the indoor play areas like Smileez etc, or if there were already "coffee morning" type meetings going on already on the Coast that I could tag along to!

Debbie
Debbie. I belong to a group who call themselves "Social Friends". We go out on a girls night once a month, also go to the cinema at Harbourtown once a month and have morning tea and the members who have young children meet up at an indoor play area once a week amongst other things. The members are of all age groups. Let me know if you would like their website?

Tracey x
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Debbie. I belong to a group who call themselves "Social Friends". We go out on a girls night once a month, also go to the cinema at Harbourtown once a month and have morning tea and the members who have young children meet up at an indoor play area once a week amongst other things. The members are of all age groups. Let me know if you would like their website?

Tracey x
why not post a link on here and others like debbie can contact them
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:00 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

I would love to meet up! Jonah is in Kindy fulltime but Suzy only goes Fridays.... Where on GC are you?

Claire
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Hi Tracey - it would be good to have that website, meeting at the indoor play centre also sounds good - thanks.

Claire - I am in Runaway Bay at the moment, moving to Broadbeach Waters but not until November, so will be pretty central then. Where are you, it would be great to arrange to meet up.

Debbie
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:14 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by soapy
why not post a link on here and others like debbie can contact them
Good idea - I can`t find the website address but here is the email address:-

[email protected].

Tracey x
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:56 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Good idea - I can`t find the website address but here is the email address:-

[email protected].

Tracey x
im sure someone will be able to find the link for it.
at least they have the email addy now tracey
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:40 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey - it would be good to have that website, meeting at the indoor play centre also sounds good - thanks.

Claire - I am in Runaway Bay at the moment, moving to Broadbeach Waters but not until November, so will be pretty central then. Where are you, it would be great to arrange to meet up.

Debbie
Hi Debbie - I am in Ashmore so not far from you! Claire xxx
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Dobsons Choice is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Debbie
Hi Debbie

I have just arrived on the coast 2 months ago and am a stay at home Mum, have a 4 year old and 16m old, so would love to meet up sometime. We are in Pacific Pines at the moment.

Laura
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Laura Dobson
Hi Debbie

I have just arrived on the coast 2 months ago and am a stay at home Mum, have a 4 year old and 16m old, so would love to meet up sometime. We are in Pacific Pines at the moment.

Laura
Hi Laura,

Have sent you a pm,

Debbie x
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 12:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Hi Debbie

Laura
Laura, get yourself and the kids to the pac pines tavern on the 4th of august.
big big meet happening
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Dobsons Choice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
Laura, get yourself and the kids to the pac pines tavern on the 4th of august.
big big meet happening
Thanks Soapy

Hope we can get to that. our kids go to bed early, so may have to look for a babysitter.

Laura
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

Thanks Soapy

Hope we can get to that. our kids go to bed early, so may have to look for a babysitter.

Laura
good idea, its a great excuse to get wellied