Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Only 4 days left with the PC!

Only 4 days left with the PC!

Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:50 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Only 4 days left with the PC!

Our container arrives early Wednesday morning so this beloved PC of ours will be getting packed away on Tuesday. What will I do? No PC and no one near with a PC that I can pinch for an hour (or 2). Well no PC and nothing else either. Going to be roughing it for a week, sitting, eating and sleeping on mattresses with only a few bits and bobs thrown in our suitcases. AAAaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh now I really can't wait to get out of here. It's gonna be so weird being in a house with nothing, just like when I first left home.
Marie
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:06 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice
Default Re: Only 4 days left with the PC!

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Our container arrives early Wednesday morning so this beloved PC of ours will be getting packed away on Tuesday. What will I do? No PC and no one near with a PC that I can pinch for an hour (or 2). Well no PC and nothing else either. Going to be roughing it for a week, sitting, eating and sleeping on mattresses with only a few bits and bobs thrown in our suitcases. AAAaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh now I really can't wait to get out of here. It's gonna be so weird being in a house with nothing, just like when I first left home.
Marie
It all adds to the excitement, a bit like going camping again without parents! OK maybe not quite like that at all but, isn't it a brilliant feeling? I can't wait to be writing on here that I'm just about to pack away my pc - mind you then I can start having a life again without BE to disrupt it
Hey if you're eating on your mattress a good tip is: don't eat ryvitas, they can get everywhere!! Stick to yogurt or icecream, much easier to get off
Good luck with the move and keep posting once you're able to again - phew !! Cold sweats just thinking about not being able to - yikey sad and very slightly loopy.
Take care, good luck, & most of all enjoy it!!
Cheers Sharon
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice
Smile Re: Only 4 days left with the PC!

Marie
What will you do for stuff when you get there? How long will it be before you and your stuff are re-united.
Maybe you can take up charades or something to fill the week.
Good luck with the journey.
Sue
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:12 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Marie
OMG been there done it for 6 wks!!! we have now booked flight for 5th Sept :scared:

Good Luck and enjoy.

Michelle, Pete & Boys
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:18 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southstander

What will you do for stuff when you get there? How long will it be before you and your stuff are re-united.
Maybe you can take up charades or something to fill the week.
Good luck with the journey.
Sue

The good thing for us is that my hubbys relatives are in Oz so we're staying with his mum until we get a mortgage. The majority of our furniture and stuff when it arrives is going to my bro in laws place. A few bits will come to us and if there's anything left without a home it'll go to the sis in laws.
So not too big a problem.
Our dog is already there. We should be reunited with her within a fortnight of landing. Unfortunately she has to go to my sis in laws which is a 2 hour drive from where we're gonna be and we won't have a car to start with.
Marie
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:33 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Marie
Is it that time already? Good luck Marie. I don't know how you'll cope with no PC though! Did you keep your library card?