Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Online British Passport Renewals

Online British Passport Renewals

Old Jan 14th 2019, 12:45 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online British Passport Renewals

This week I decided to renew my expired British Passport and expected to have to fill in frustrating forms and toddle off down the Post Office to have the documents checked and posted off to Liverpool. I was happy to find that currently it's an online process, just a few questions to answer, upload a new photo, pay the money and send the old passport back along wit ha copy of my Aussie one. The whole thing took 5 minutes to do and not many questions either. I could not believe how simple it was. Has anybody else used this new BETA system and did you have any issues ? I sent the old passport back this morning with a copy of my Australian one so lets see what happens.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 1:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online British Passport Renewals

It’s been operating for a while now. All the comments I’ve seen are entirely positive. Shouldn’t take longer than two to three weeks for your new passport to arrive.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yup Hubble got his within two weeks. The photo was easy too just a phone shot from waist up. Much better than old system and the Aus one.Cheaper too!
Old Jan 14th 2019, 12:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
This week I decided to renew my expired British Passport and expected to have to fill in frustrating forms and toddle off down the Post Office to have the documents checked and posted off to Liverpool. I was happy to find that currently it's an online process, just a few questions to answer, upload a new photo, pay the money and send the old passport back along wit ha copy of my Aussie one. The whole thing took 5 minutes to do and not many questions either. I could not believe how simple it was. Has anybody else used this new BETA system and did you have any issues ? I sent the old passport back this morning with a copy of my Australian one so lets see what happens.
A good system - 10 days for delivery from date of application
Old Jan 31st 2019, 7:59 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

So, my passport application was approved within 10 days of me applying - a very easy process. Great service - BUT.......

It's been another 10 days since they sent my passport via DHL, It was in Australia within 36 hours of leaving Liverpool according to their tracking.system. They tried to deliver it to my home today, and of course I was at work and they won't accept an alternative address fro re-delivery. The best they can do is have me pick it up from a 7-11 petrol station over 25km's away ! Either that or drive to Sydney and get it from DHL. Crazy system - that's Australia !