Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One way travel insurance?

One way travel insurance?

Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

windsurfer uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One way travel insurance?

Difficult to get one way insurance for 10 days or so untill Medicare kicks in in Oz. "Insure and go" dont do it anymore, anyone used "walkabout" has been mentioned in previous threads . Have done a search and it seems most policies are void if you are not returning to the uk. Austravel do one but only if you book your flights through them.
Regards windsurfer uk
Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:00 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One way travel insurance?

Originally Posted by windsurfer uk
Difficult to get one way insurance for 10 days or so untill Medicare kicks in in Oz. "Insure and go" dont do it anymore, anyone used "walkabout" has been mentioned in previous threads . Have done a search and it seems most policies are void if you are not returning to the uk. Austravel do one but only if you book your flights through them.
Regards windsurfer uk

We used Walkabout and glad we did!!! We travelled via the US and while we were there, I had to have emergency surgery. The insurance people were fantastic!!! They helped my Hubby organise everything and even upgraded us to Business the whole way home.

I would definatly recommend them. It only cost us £80ish for both of us for 16 days cover.....
Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

windsurfer uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One way travel insurance?

Originally Posted by Hels
We used Walkabout and glad we did!!! We travelled via the US and while we were there, I had to have emergency surgery. The insurance people were fantastic!!! They helped my Hubby organise everything and even upgraded us to Business the whole way home.

I would definatly recommend them. It only cost us £80ish for both of us for 16 days cover.....
Ta! thanks for info
Regards windsurfer uk