Reload this Page >

Whats For Chistmas Dinner

Whats For Chistmas Dinner

Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

wezzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats For Chistmas Dinner

am i the only one that wont be eating the fish for dinner on christmas day
im told that fish is the dish,then turkey if you want( i cant find one yet)
hot roasts are served up at night in oz. is this true.
i like to prepare the turkey whilst drinking the wine (thats the cooking one my i add),. whats everyone haveing .
Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:49 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Whats For Chistmas Dinner

Originally Posted by wezzer

am i the only one that wont be eating the fish for dinner on christmas day
im told that fish is the dish,then turkey if you want( i cant find one yet)
hot roasts are served up at night in oz. is this true.
i like to prepare the turkey whilst drinking the wine (thats the cooking one my i add),. whats everyone haveing .
Fish ? Not heard of that. Seafood in the way of: Crab, Prawns etc Yes.

Most Turkeys are frozen, plenty in the Supermarkets (pre-prepared packaged)

In the evening it looks like we will be having a selction from; Prawns, Crab, Chicken, Ham, Roast Beef with salad etc. Lunchtime, we MAY have a turkey, BBQ'd

Old Dec 15th 2004, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We're 1st timers for an aussie xmas and will be having:-

Turkey and roast beef ( cooked the night before and eaten cold with cranberry sauce / mustard / salads / a selection of yummy, runny, stinky, cheeses ),

Seafood ( prawns / bugs / crab, with homemade seafood sauce and lemon ),

Fresh baked bread ( made by moi )

Garlic roasted spuds with red onion chutney ( also homemade ),

Roasted winter veg with honey & seed mustard dressing,

A HUGE fresh fruit trifle / xmas pudding.

( Might fit in a small aussie vino plonko or two whilst i'm toiling over the bbq, too!!!)

Merry xmas!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

We had a traditional xmas dinner a couple of weeks ago as the in laws where here, so thought it would be nice for the kids open to presents etc.
Xmas day we are at the beach with 13 friends and then having a barbie probably a mix of alsorts, not sure what as we arent the ones doing it but we will take a plate along or two of goodies.
Joanne
Old Dec 15th 2004, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
We're 1st timers for an aussie xmas and will be having:-

Turkey and roast beef ( cooked the night before and eaten cold with cranberry sauce / mustard / salads / a selection of yummy, runny, stinky, cheeses ),

Seafood ( prawns / bugs / crab, with homemade seafood sauce and lemon ),

Fresh baked bread ( made by moi )

Garlic roasted spuds with red onion chutney ( also homemade ),

Roasted winter veg with honey & seed mustard dressing,

A HUGE fresh fruit trifle / xmas pudding.

( Might fit in a small aussie vino plonko or two whilst i'm toiling over the bbq, too!!!)

Merry xmas!
that sounds delicious! any room for us lot in uk!!?LOL
Old Dec 15th 2004, 10:03 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

ooh sounds fabby!!!

We'll be having dinner at the in-laws this year... roast dry turkey etc...

next year will be back in Oz
Old Dec 15th 2004, 11:30 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
ooh sounds fabby!!!

We'll be having dinner at the in-laws this year... roast dry turkey etc...

next year will be back in Oz

LOL...that reminds me of my MIL's turkey last year.....first time I have ever had turkey...with crackling???? :scared:

We are actually going to a restaurant here for Christmas lunch so will have a pretty big choice of roasts and seafood and cold meats with vege's and or salads etc....

Its boxing day that I love....we go out to my sisters in-laws...they have a big farm and for lunch we have a spit roasted pig and then go yabbying in their dams in the afternoon and have the yabbies for dinner that night........then all the boys go spotlighting....

My hubby cant wait!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hels
LOL...that reminds me of my MIL's turkey last year.....first time I have ever had turkey...with crackling???? :scared:

We are actually going to a restaurant here for Christmas lunch so will have a pretty big choice of roasts and seafood and cold meats with vege's and or salads etc....

Its boxing day that I love....we go out to my sisters in-laws...they have a big farm and for lunch we have a spit roasted pig and then go yabbying in their dams in the afternoon and have the yabbies for dinner that night........then all the boys go spotlighting....

My hubby cant wait!!!!
I am planning the Full Monty Xmas dinner on Christmas Eve, in the evening when it is a bit cooler! Then Chrissy Day we are off to the beach with friends ( Pommy and Aussie) for a true Aussie Xmas day. Seafoods, salads, cold turkey, beer and lots of wine.

Have fun everyone!

The main thing I am really enjoying about Xmas here is there is so much less pressure to spend money on crap than in the Uk.
Also I don't have to worry about pleasing any relies as we don't have any here!!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:03 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

Crays... crays and more crays...

Barbie prawns and fresh sardines on the barbie... tons of salad ...

beer wine spirits and cocktails...

YUM!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:53 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnie7au
Crays... crays and more crays...

Barbie prawns and fresh sardines on the barbie... tons of salad ...

beer wine spirits and cocktails...

YUM!
Yep, sounds like me too

Second Christmas in OZ, but spending it with true-bred Aussies down the coast; seafood, cold hams, salads. Hopefully with Cheesecake Shop deserts and something nice to wash it all down