Reload this Page >

One Step Forward Two Back

One Step Forward Two Back

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:05 am
addicted members

Bigmo&co is on a distinguished road
Default One Step Forward Two Back

Hi All,
After a distressing few weeks trying to get answers from DIMIA we finally get an e.mail with GOOD NEWS that our details have been passed to centrelink, but how long does it take, can any one out there help answer this. We cannot get any info from either, only given basic standard information and not even asking for our case no.
Uncle gave centrelink a call yesterday and was given a date for an interview 11th Jan. As they have not recieved our documents yet, but made and appointment ready for when they do. I have read other threads and others out there have had sponsor lodge bond fairly quickly is this so......

Cheers

Brian & Elaine
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:36 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: One Step Forward Two Back

Originally Posted by elaine morrison
Hi All,
After a distressing few weeks trying to get answers from DIMIA we finally get an e.mail with GOOD NEWS that our details have been passed to centrelink, but how long does it take, can any one out there help answer this. We cannot get any info from either, only given basic standard information and not even asking for our case no.
Uncle gave centrelink a call yesterday and was given a date for an interview 11th Jan. As they have not recieved our documents yet, but made and appointment ready for when they do. I have read other threads and others out there have had sponsor lodge bond fairly quickly is this so......

Cheers

Brian & Elaine
I hope things clear up for you. I do have another question though Is your occupation on the MOLD currently.
as I also applied on 8-april-2004 still waiting.

Cheers
Badri
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 2:35 pm
addicted members

Hi Badri,
Yes occupation is on MODL but at the beggining we were applying for 139 but sponsor could not be found in Australia. He had never left the country at all since his emigration to Aus, had his own business had been paying taxes since 1966 but he could not be found. {His passport was stolen so he could not be traced} So after all of this we were shifted to a 138 visa application and I think somewhere along the lines, we were mixed up and not dealt with correctly.
Have you heard anything at all ?

Cheers BRian & Elaine
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brian and Elaine

My bond was lodged nearly 2 weeks ago and my assuror contacted centrelink today and was told that the details had not yet been returned to Adelaide but should be there by next Monday fingers crossed. I think most people if they are on MODL are getting their visa about 4 weeks after bond lodgement.

Good luck
Jayne
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:05 pm
addicted members

Thanks for that Jayne & Doug but can you tell me how long it took dimia to send details to assurer regarding centrelink contacting them. Uncle says that centrelink told him yesterday that he has to wait on a letter from dimia.

Cheers

Brian & Elaine
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:58 pm
addicted members

Why is everything so complicated.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brian and Elaine

If you are pre July dimia do not contact your assuror. I was informed by email from my case officer that she had passed my assurors details to centrelink. My sister contacted them a few times before she got the letter requesting the bond payment. If your assuror is willing to contact centrelink and basically pester the hell out of them then it will be worth it. Give your assuror as much info as possible i.e that pre july assurors do not require an interview and that they only need a letter advising them to lodge the bond. This is assuming your assurors details have not changed. Tell your assuror to ask to speak to a supervisor in the assurance of support dept they are the best people to speak to as the contact number for centrelink only puts you through to a customer service advisor. I know it's a pain in the a*** but it's the only way you get any results from this process. Please give your assuror as much info as possible and if they are persistant enough it will work. Get them to challange the info they are given from the customer service advisor and it will pay off.

Good luck
Jayne