Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

one for dog owners in Brisbane/sunshine coast

one for dog owners in Brisbane/sunshine coast

Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:46 pm
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice
Default one for dog owners in Brisbane/sunshine coast

Hi

While walking my dog off the lead in the local wood. I found myself wondering whether I will be able to do similar walks in brisbane/ Sunshine coast. I know that dogs are not allowed in the national parks, so where do you all go for a nice long off the lead walk ??
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: one for dog owners in Brisbane/sunshine coast

Check the local council websites. I am moving to Queensland (Townsville) and their website states which parks in town have 'off leash' areas.

I guess if you are just in 'open countryside' with no wardens or public to complain, and not in a national park or wildlife reserve etc then I reckon you'd probably be alright
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: one for dog owners in Brisbane/sunshine coast

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane
Hi

While walking my dog off the lead in the local wood. I found myself wondering whether I will be able to do similar walks in brisbane/ Sunshine coast. I know that dogs are not allowed in the national parks, so where do you all go for a nice long off the lead walk ??

Dogs do have to be on lead in any public place, not just national parks, (think thats the same for most of OZ) but plenty of doggy areas.

SC the beach, exits 1 - 4 at point cartright, great spot to see surfing dogs, ours included, also the national park there (its more a hilly/beach walk than a wildlife reserve) is off leash 4pm to 8 am. Theres also a big dog park near the recycling plant - maroochy/buderim. Most council websites will have all the details.