Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which one is best?

Which one is best?

Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Which one is best?

Looking into transferring money, but which one do I go with OzForex or HIFX, they both seem OK to me, but what do others think. Is one better than the other or do you go with the one with the best rate. Any thoughts or preferences?
Thanks
Andrea
x
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which one is best?

Hi, I'm lookin for the same answer. I spoke with a lady from Hifx today and she told me that they take no money off me at all if i trade between my bank and westpac whereas others may do.

They also said that westpac wouldn't charge me either (which I thought would be only right as I'm givin them a lot of money to look after for me)

jazzys
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

CnG-OZ Bound will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andreak
Looking into transferring money, but which one do I go with OzForex or HIFX, they both seem OK to me, but what do others think. Is one better than the other or do you go with the one with the best rate. Any thoughts or preferences?
Thanks
Andrea
x
I registered with both Hifx & UkForex. Hifx was quick & pain free. UkForex took forever & longwinded.
UkForex quoted a better exchange rate when i looked into a forward contract to send my monthly pension income to my NAB Bank a/c. BUT they do not refund charges the receiving bank may charge (& Some do) Also with a forward contract I wanted to have my monthly amount transferred to either Hifx or UkForex by Direct debit. UkForex stated they wouldn't do D/D BUT I had to manually send them the £ each month. (If you send a Chaps payment it costs me £23 at my UK bank) HOWEVER Hifx did take the monthly £ by D/D (No bank transfer charge to Hifx) Hifx guarantee no charges at either end by the banks, So if the receiving bank does charge you, then Hifx reimburse you. It was a no brainer really - HIFX was a winner. After the "hidden" charges Hifx did me the best final rate & was spot on. Hifx was quick & efficient.
(I have already done a very large tranfer of £ to Oz with Hifx and they were 1st Class)
Ukforex was quite slapdash in my experience.
I'm sure other people on this site will be quick to say otherwise. But this was how i experienced the nightmare of money exchange.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Thanks for this, I think I may go with Hifx. They seem very efficient and quick to get back to my e-mail queries. So they get a from me.
Andrea
x