Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Once more with feeling!!

Once more with feeling!!

Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Once more with feeling!!

I'm sure this is just a variation on a theme but I have tried searching and not really found a conclusive answer

We have many UK region DVD's. My offspring also has their eye on a 10 DVD box set (also UK region)

Our DVD player is on its last legs and we don't intend to take it to OZ and I didn't plan to buy a new DVD player to take with us

The question is, will we be able to purchase a DVD player in OZ that will play our UK region DVD's
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:18 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Once more with feeling!!

Originally Posted by November11
I'm sure this is just a variation on a theme but I have tried searching and not really found a conclusive answer

We have many UK region DVD's. My offspring also has their eye on a 10 DVD box set (also UK region)

Our DVD player is on its last legs and we don't intend to take it to OZ and I didn't plan to buy a new DVD player to take with us

The question is, will we be able to purchase a DVD player in OZ that will play our UK region DVD's
yeah just buy a multi region one
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:23 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

just get a multi region dvd player ...but then again i have some oz region 4 dvd's that play perfectly fine on our region 2 dvd so i hope it will be vice versa
sir les
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

wayne&mandy will become famous soon enough

If you do take your own DVD player they will work fine. If you do buy a new one in OZ then you will need to buy a multi region player as UK DVDs are region 2. Most DVD players can be made region free anyway by putting a code in. Check out the prices of new ones compared to Oz ones as they might not be as inexpensive so may be worth renewing and using it now.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for all your replies...how did anyone manage to emigrate before the internet (and British Expats!)
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:35 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
just get a multi region dvd player ...but then again i have some oz region 4 dvd's that play perfectly fine on our region 2 dvd so i hope it will be vice versa
sir les
we have two....Disney and WB dvd's play fine in reg 2 and a few of the kids ones are region free or region 2/4