Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG we have a sponsor!!!!

OMG we have a sponsor!!!!

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:18 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OMG we have a sponsor!!!!

Originally Posted by michell
OMG really, we havent even sold our house, what happens if we havent sold house, what happens this is what i am worried about , as all our equity is in it,

i think this is my major worry, what happens in that sort of case and when you get your visa do you have to be there in a particular time scale .

any help greatly recieved
michell

oops forgot to say job offer is in kings park area so now need to do loads of research on the area.
any ideas on nice suburbs nr schools etc as we have 4 kids
It's really up to you what happens if you don't sell the house. You either go or don't go.

Assuming everything goes fine with your visa then it would be granted fairly quickly. It's really up to the employer to decide how long they want to wait for you (could be long, could be short).

If I were you I'd start working on some contingency plans on what you'll do if the house doesn't sell. I don't live in the UK but I've followed the house selling thread and the market looks pretty grim. So I'd be prepared for the big question "what do we do if it doesn't sell".

When does the employer want your husband to start work? Are the prepared to wait until your house sells, and how long will they wait for? That's what you need to find out.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:21 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Just thinking.... are you going on a temp visa?

If you're going a temp visa I hope you're aware that you will have to pay to send your kids to school. I had a quick look and found this:

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/media/...eespayment.pdf

If you're being sponsored for a permanent visa the state schools are essential free, although they would have some fees for things like book and uniforms, etc.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:34 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by comet555
Just thinking.... are you going on a temp visa?

If you're going a temp visa I hope you're aware that you will have to pay to send your kids to school. I had a quick look and found this:

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/media/...eespayment.pdf

If you're being sponsored for a permanent visa the state schools are essential free, although they would have some fees for things like book and uniforms, etc.

hiya Comet,

yes we are aware of school fees i have done a bit of homework, but as for which visa i know it sounds silly hubby didnt say much just "well dear we are moving to Australia", told me the company are allowed to sponsor up to 20 ppl a year and that the next thing we will hear is from the dept that deals with the sponsorships. i know this sounds strange but not really been able to have a good talk with hubby as he is on nights this week and he was at work when he got the call, he then phoned me and went to his parents to stay for a few hrs kip as he has a course today so he hasnt been home yet and i wont see him until this evening when he will probably go to bed for a few hrs kip before he goes back to work tonight, so wont be able to talk properly until tomorrow. he hasnt done TRA so i presume its not Permanent visa but i dont know as i dont know all that was discussed, sorry i seem a bit vague, but i am also not knowing much yet except he said that he got the job and they are setting the wheels in motion their end.

kind regards
michell
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Maybe you should look at renting out your house and taking the equity out of it by swaping mortgage to a rental one? Dont know a great deal about it but read on BE before about someone doing that?

Maybe get in touch with a few estate agents and ask them what the house is worth and at what price it would sell at if you wanted a real quick sale, like mines worth £145000, but if I wanted to go next month Id put it on at £135000 to get a real quick sale.

And definatly start to sort through things, first car boot would be this weekend if I were you

Anyway, great news and good luck
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:17 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

thanx

Gonna do a mass Ebay sell lol, got loads to get rid of and so little time to do it in!!

michell
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Congratulations Michell, great news.

Good luck

Donna.