OMG I FEEL SICK

Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

stenik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: OMG I FEEL SICK

Thats exactly how I feel about it all too. Everytime I think of the enormity of it all...........) But, we are gonna give it a go. Trying to find an area in Perth that is suitable and has a good school........probably the same for thousand of other families who have done all of this! I too would love to meet up when I come over, if that is possible......? x
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Just found out last Thurs I have got a job as a Paramedic in Perth, we have been trying for 2 yrs to get over. Application process with NSW amb serv ground to a halt due to no Labour agreement in place

All of a sudden it seems so real, and to be honest we are as nervous as hell about it, but we keep trying to remember our reasons for moving.

Have 3 kids, 6, 3 and 1yr, so its quite a step for all of us

Rushing around sorting visas etc is taking our minds off it, but there will come that moment at the airport!

And then I look out the window and see the dark skies, a half inch of snow causing chaos and people wrapped up against arctic conditions and I think....lets do it!!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by I wan tee go oz
Hi, Just found out last Thurs I have got a job as a Paramedic in Perth, we have been trying for 2 yrs to get over. Application process with NSW amb serv ground to a halt due to no Labour agreement in place

All of a sudden it seems so real, and to be honest we are as nervous as hell about it, but we keep trying to remember our reasons for moving.

Have 3 kids, 6, 3 and 1yr, so its quite a step for all of us

Rushing around sorting visas etc is taking our minds off it, but there will come that moment at the airport!

And then I look out the window and see the dark skies, a half inch of snow causing chaos and people wrapped up against arctic conditions and I think....lets do it!!
Congrats on your new job! Very well done to you...... I suppose what you're saying is spot on, keep focused and remember why we are all doing this. Fear is normal, it is purely the unknown that is making me a bit jittery! But, excited I am..........
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

scotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I wan tee go oz
Yes, we booked our tickets yesterday to Melbourne - the bad weather here in Edinburgh prompted us!! Still, we are getting a few days off work because of it - can't see that happening in Melbourne!

Soooo nervous and excited about the prospect of it all and haven't slept properly because of it in months! Sooooooo sad though at the thought of saying our goodbyes to family and friends - cry when I just think about it...

You are not alone!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Hi there

These are normal feelings; however, I must say I got 10 times worse the closer it got.
Hubby said had he of not been at the age he is now (47) that this would have been the end of the road for us; but obviously he has mellowed , I was in a dreadful state of 'what if's and maybe's', arguments, crying, feeling of sadness and dread ........Three months on - it is the best decision ever made; we love life here, and have not had one moment of homesickness (sorry family and friends ). We speak to them (well some!!) on good ole Facebook and Skype, so it feels we are just down the road!

You have to be happy in your mind, if you're not happy in that you won't be happy anywhere (wise words from hubs uncle!! who has been here since 1965 and has never returned to UK ever)

Good luck you'll be fine
Old Dec 1st 2010, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by avi
hi al150n

Thanks that kind offer is very much appreciated and I would love to take you up on your offer. I cryed at it as well my dayghter youngest asked why amI crying is it because I am happy bless her.

bet I am gonna do more of the crying yet though lol

Thanks
Sorry I didn't mean to make you cry You don't need the addition ones with all the emotions. And yes there will be plenty more tears to come but you'll get there.

Alison x
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stenik
Thats exactly how I feel about it all too. Everytime I think of the enormity of it all...........) But, we are gonna give it a go. Trying to find an area in Perth that is suitable and has a good school........probably the same for thousand of other families who have done all of this! I too would love to meet up when I come over, if that is possible......? x
Yep you have to give it a go. Life is to short for 'what ifs'.

You'll find everyone has a difference of opinion on areas & schools so until you get here it'll be a hard difficult choice to make. We came over & stayed with friends here 2 years ago & really liked the suburb so it's where we opted for but I know for most people it's a complete no go. Our daughter is in the local primary school (our son starts kindy there in February), she's happy & has settled very quickly with the help of the staff there. I'm really pleased with what I've seen so far.

Coffee with you would be great too I try to keep myself busy & make sure I've got something planned for each day whilst hubby's at work as I'm still missing everyone in the UK (especially my kids) & it keeps my mind off it a bit.

Alison x
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:07 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

I would love to meet up with you too when we all get there.

Sorry I didn't mean to make you cry You don't need the addition ones with all the emotions. And yes there will be plenty more tears to come but you'll get there.

thats no problem al150n its just me I do a lot in quiet moments but when I look out the window at all this snow and ice and I think of the horrid journey waiting for me I think yes we doing the right thing.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by avi
I would love to meet up with you too when we all get there.

thats no problem al150n its just me I do a lot in quiet moments but when I look out the window at all this snow and ice and I think of the horrid journey waiting for me I think yes we doing the right thing.
I've just had an email from my Mum with some lovely snow photos & my dog checking out the depth of the snow in their garden They've had quite a lot & their road, which is quite a main one, was closed off for a few hours. I do love snow but only for the first day when it's lovely & soft & fluffy, once it freezes or goes slushy then no thanks.

No chance of any snow here, it's about 26c again today but quite breezy. I keep getting abuse from family & friends on FB about it, it's ok for everyone in the UK to post about the weather so why can't I

Alison x
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by al150n
I've just had an email from my Mum with some lovely snow photos & my dog checking out the depth of the snow in their garden They've had quite a lot & their road, which is quite a main one, was closed off for a few hours. I do love snow but only for the first day when it's lovely & soft & fluffy, once it freezes or goes slushy then no thanks.

No chance of any snow here, it's about 26c again today but quite breezy. I keep getting abuse from family & friends on FB about it, it's ok for everyone in the UK to post about the weather so why can't I

Alison x
Quite right Alison, not your fault it is roasting in Oz and they are freezing! lol I will miss the snow to be honest. I know a lot of folk find it a complete pain in the rear, but I have grown up with it and in the Highlands of Scotland where we are from you have to make it a fun time or you would be completely miserable as we get so much of the stuff! On the other hand of course, I do like a bit of sunshine........and heat! Went to Paris this year and it was about 34c....it was GREAT!!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats on your new job! Very well done to you...... I suppose what you're saying is spot on, keep focused and remember why we are all doing this. Fear is normal, it is purely the unknown that is making me a bit jittery! But, excited I am..........
Thanks
Initial jittery feelings over, just getting stuck into sorting everything now.
I have no doubt jittery feelings will be back, lol
Old Dec 4th 2010, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avi
Hi
Thanks for all the replies. My eldest s adamant after her exams she will be coming home to uk she is 14 now if nothing eles it has convinced her to work at her education go figure my 8 year old is well scared but accepting.
Your 14 year old may not realize that she will be moving into an education system quite different from the one she is leaving - there are no "exams" in the way that she envisages - kids dont finish school here until 17 at the end of year 12. The chances of her moving back to UK to finish her education at that point are slim to none because the year 12 results do not equate well with A levels for uni entry and because she will have been out of the country for 3 years and have to pay international student fees. It is difficult to move a kid once they have missed stepping on the GCSE merry go round.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

JaneArchie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Myself, hubbie and two kids (9&7) are off to Perth on 14th January. Tickets just booked on Friday there. Currently going through all of the same emotions as the rest of you. Finding it difficult to get a good nights sleep while layed-back hubby lies next to me snoring! Failure to sell our house has been my biggest worry but now that we've decided to put it up for rent I feel a bit better about this (just keeping fingers crossed that we get a tennant!).

Kids making the most of the snow. Our garden is full of snowmen!! They've both siad they will miss this (not sure if I'd agree!!).

Anyway, good luck to everyone making the move. Hope everything goes well for you all.

Jane
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

We received a job offer during the week so decisions are going to have to be made very soon. So many emotions and that feeling of guilt is awful. But have spoken to the olds and they think we'd be mad not to do it.

We'd pretty much have to get out within about 3 months and the thought of sorting everything in that time is overwhelming too.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steen1976
We received a job offer during the week so decisions are going to have to be made very soon. So many emotions and that feeling of guilt is awful. But have spoken to the olds and they think we'd be mad not to do it.

We'd pretty much have to get out within about 3 months and the thought of sorting everything in that time is overwhelming too.
Know how you feel
My 'olds' say exactly the same!
We have 3 months to sort everything, doing visa paperwork as I write this.
I'm looking at it all as an xmas present from oz!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.