OMG I FEEL SICK

Old Nov 27th 2010, 3:58 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation OMG I FEEL SICK

Well I have gone and done it now. I have paid for my flights to perth.

Have I done the right thing we fly in 143 days see I am that sad I have it worked out OMG what if its not the right thing to do?
what if the kids hate it?
what if the patients hate me?
oh god so many questions packing working saving and what if it all goes wrong?
Old Nov 27th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of
Default Re: OMG I FEEL SICK

Originally Posted by avi

Have I done the right thing we fly in 143 days see I am that sad I have it worked out OMG what if its not the right thing to do?
Hi Avi,

Fear and insecurity are normal feelings when the move comes closer.

However, don't let them win over you. Believe in yourself, be positive, be strong, negative feelings and thoughts don't do you any good.

Try to remove all the negative feelings, try to plan as much as you can, do your best and don't give up and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

stenik will become famous soon enough

My Hubby flies out next weekend but will be home for Christmas. Then off again in the new year for 2 years! I too feel sick both with fear and excitement!! We have the choice to move permanently but I want to spend a bit of time in Perth before I decide. We have a 12 year old daughter and it has to be right for her too............so many questions to ask on here, and a lot answered already by reading back on the posts. Great info!
Old Nov 27th 2010, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry, if you dont like it and your kids are young enough, you can always move on to somewhere else, be that in Aus, UK or some other place as yet unconsidered. Only time you really need to be sure it is what you want is when your kids are hitting their teenage years and you dont want to muck about with their education.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 8:42 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure Perth isn't as bad as they say,face yer fear and do it anyway
Old Nov 27th 2010, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

if it all goes wrong, then you can always go back, at least you will have tried. The only thing you will lose is a bit of money and you can always earn more of that
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck you will be fine
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

I have small feelings like that and we have just booked our flights to Perth we leave in January! As everyone says I think its just normal to have a million feelings going round in your head! But I do have to say that I we really cant wait to get over now! All the best
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:54 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

chill out, sit down have a drink and get used to the feeling

it will hit you at intervals for the next few years, most expats have experienced it and only time will tell if you have done the right thing.
enjoy your new life
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
if it all goes wrong, then you can always go back, at least you will have tried. The only thing you will lose is a bit of money and you can always earn more of that
Really? That easy? What if the OP hates it but the rest of the family loves it? Who wins? Or what if they can't find work and use all their savings trying to survive? Can they just jump on one of those free flights home?

It's not as easy as "if you don't like it then go back" for a lot of people. Trust me on that.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avi

Don't plan for everything to be perfect from the outset, your kids might hate it at first, as you might and you might not like your new job (at first) but stick at it and you'll probably be fine.
Best bit of advice I was given before I came was "Give it 2 years to settle in" which turned out to be very true.
Also worth considering in my opinion, that it's better to have a go and hate it, than spend the rest of your life wandering what if???
Old Nov 29th 2010, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by avi

Not sad at all, it's a major life changing event in your life. Both hubby & I had count down tickers to how many days were left before we flew. I deleted mine about 2 months prior to flying as the time was going past way to fast & there was so much to do & so many people to see. Never did manage to get out for the evening with my best mate

I think everyone has those doubts as to whether it's the right thing or not. We've been here in WA 3 months on Thursday & all good so far although our 5 year old has been complaining about the heat & says she wants to go move back to our old house in the UK I still feel like I'm on an extended holiday even though hubby is working & daughter is at school. Hubby can't understand what I'm on about my my friend who's been here 3 years knows exactly where I'm coming from. I did explain to hubby that whenever we go on holiday I still cook, clean, wash, iron, tidy up & run around after everyone else. So everyone else may be in a different, relaxed mode on holiday but other than sitting by the pool occasionally I'm just in a warmer location & that's how it kind of feels here at the moment.

Good luck with it all! Which part of Perth are you heading to?

Alison x
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:54 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Thanks for all the replies. My eldest s adamant after her exams she will be coming home to uk she is 14 now if nothing eles it has convinced her to work at her education go figure my 8 year old is well scared but accepting.

We will be in subico area of perth because will be working in Hollywood hospital as a rmn start 9th may eek.

I am looking forward to it but at the oddest things I start bawling not good when you work in a meduim secure unit we have some scary staff never mind the patients lol.

family at the moment are supportive but only told them over the phone so when we meet it gonna be more crying

Also tryng to decide who gets to ship what we taking all my precious memories is hard as well deciding what comes and what stays especialy from the kids stuff

See getting weepy again and I gotta go to work good job it takes me a good hr to get there lol
thanks all sorry for the waffle and venting
Avril
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by avi
Hi
Thanks for all the replies. My eldest s adamant after her exams she will be coming home to uk she is 14 now if nothing eles it has convinced her to work at her education go figure my 8 year old is well scared but accepting.
What is it with 14 year old girls?

I've left my 14 year old daughter (& her 2 older brothers) behind in the UK as they live with their dad. My daughter announced about 6 months ago that she'd never move over here because of the spiders, heat & funny food Don't ask!! 2 months before we left she decided that as I was leaving there was no point having anything to do with me, refused to talk, cut all contact with me & was quite abusive towards my hubby. But bless him he accepted it was female teenage hormones & suggested we ask her if she wanted to join us but obviously that was a big no go. 2 weeks after arriving she started replying to my messages & we now phone & skype a few times a week. 3 months in & she now wants a visa & a one way ticket Because of the court order in place in the UK she's going to have to wait until she turns 16 before she can come over. I wonder how many times she'll change her mind before then?

As for odd things bringing you to tears I can remember that all to well. Reading posts about leaving the UK I well up, probably because it's still all still quite raw for me.

You'll be fine. It is a huge roller coaster ride of emotions with lots of ups & downs along the way. If you fancy meeting up for coffee when you get her give us a shout.

Alison x
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:35 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: OMG I FEEL SICK

hi al150n

Thanks that kind offer is very much appreciated and I would love to take you up on your offer. I cryed at it as well my dayghter youngest asked why amI crying is it because I am happy bless her.

bet I am gonna do more of the crying yet though lol

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.