Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG..I AM MOVING TO CAINS TONIGHT!!!!

OMG..I AM MOVING TO CAINS TONIGHT!!!!

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG..I AM MOVING TO CAINS TONIGHT!!!!

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Have been desperately trying to upload photos I took for you.not having it!! Will do so when i suss it out and dont have to eep borrowing someone elses laptop!!!
Liz
No worries mate
Are you getting internet soon?
Making the most of your last week off before the new job starts?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Thank you Bix, you are a treasure
I had looked it up actually before I applied for the job although I did not have all those stats!
We live in a small village at the moment so am not put off by the size of the place! My main concern is that it is commutable to Cairns as OH will likely have to look for work there. Any ideas? When I looked it up, it said about an hour from Cairns. Is this realistic? If we lived to the South of Cairns, is it a practical journey?
All advice gladly appreciated! Of course if you know anyone in QLD health, you might like to suggest they offer me a community job in Cairns!
Have sent you some K for being a mine of useful information
Just at my neighbours and reading this!! One option may be to live somewhere in between babinda and Cairns..such as Edmonton...half an hour from Cairns and about the same to Babinda..then you could still come to the expats meets and we could come for coffee!!!!
When I am on internet next week i will upload some photos for you..
Lizx
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

No worries mate
Are you getting internet soon?
Making the most of your last week off before the new job starts?
Apparently Cairns CBD to Babinda is only about 30 mins drive, so as long as you lived southside of Cairns you should be o.k...

Lizx
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:02 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Cairns CBD to Babinda is only about 30 mins drive.
Liz, tell that neighbour she must be a hoon if she can do it in 30

Or does she fly ?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by melbournegirl
Good luck with your new life in Cairns Tripaway.

My sister has been living in Cairns now for almost 2 years. She moved up there with from Melbourne with her partner and she does love living there. She has a blue vespa which she rides around the town. She loves that there are no traffic jams. She loves the weather of course even though it does get humid in summer. I think it is the relaxed lifestyle that appeals most to her. She does miss things about Melbourne though which is understandable such as the variety of things to do, the culture the food and the coffee but she visits quite often and gets her fix then goes back to the relaxed Cairns lifestyle. Her dream is to open a coffee place in Cairns which serves great coffee. In the meantime she sometimes works at the coffee place at Rusty's market. We miss her of course but understand that she is loving the laidback lifestyle and gives us a good excuse to visit.
Glad to hear your sister is settled..I have been here 2 weeks now and very settled already..the neighbours are lovely and really helped me settle in and the beaches are beautiful..start work on Monday so that will be reality then!!
Will have to llok out for that blue vespa!! I will chase it on my yamaha R1 sportsbike.!! ha ha.
So she is thinking about opening a cafe..that is what my other half would love to do..she always mentions a cafe by the beach..apparently Trinity beach is great and up and coming for cafes...maybe they can discuss it together!

I will look out for her at Rustys market..
Liz
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix

Or does she fly ?

yep, she flew there on my bike..borrowed the r1..she meant from Edmonton..
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Just at my neighbours and reading this!! One option may be to live somewhere in between babinda and Cairns..such as Edmonton...half an hour from Cairns and about the same to Babinda..then you could still come to the expats meets and we could come for coffee!!!!
When I am on internet next week i will upload some photos for you..
Lizx
Thank you Liz
Looking forward to the pics
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

melbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud of

Glad to hear your sister is settled..I have been here 2 weeks now and very settled already..the neighbours are lovely and really helped me settle in and the beaches are beautiful..start work on Monday so that will be reality then!!
Will have to llok out for that blue vespa!! I will chase it on my yamaha R1 sportsbike.!! ha ha.
So she is thinking about opening a cafe..that is what my other half would love to do..she always mentions a cafe by the beach..apparently Trinity beach is great and up and coming for cafes...maybe they can discuss it together!

I will look out for her at Rustys market..
Liz
That blue vespa doesn't go too fast that's for sure. Her partner has a motorbike so she goes alot faster but my sis prefers to follow her in a car if they go up to Port Douglas as there are too many crazy tourists on the road that normally drive on the other side of the road - ie. Americans/Germans. A cafe on the beach at Trinity would be fabulous. Oh and my sis is a big Pink fan too as I gather you are.

Sounds like you have settled in quickly - enjoy!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by melbournegirl
That blue vespa doesn't go too fast that's for sure. Her partner has a motorbike so she goes alot faster but my sis prefers to follow her in a car if they go up to Port Douglas as there are too many crazy tourists on the road that normally drive on the other side of the road - ie. Americans/Germans. A cafe on the beach at Trinity would be fabulous. Oh and my sis is a big Pink fan too as I gather you are.

Sounds like you have settled in quickly - enjoy!

I hope you don't mind me asking but could you Private Mail me..I am desperate for someone to go out biking with and also to meet other couples in cairns for meals, etc...and we love Port Douglas..my partner arrives in 4 weeks......they may not want to meet us but we are good fun and easy going..your sister sounds nice from what you ave said..always looking to widen our social network..I ahev been in cairns for 2 weeks and find everyone so friendly so far, I adore the place!

Liz
Old May 26th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Liz
Looking forward to the pics
SallyClaire

Hi there, havn't forgotten you!! Will be doing an update very soon so look out for it!! Computer being a pig downloading photos at mo but promise some very soon. How are your plans coming on???
Lizx
Old May 26th 2008, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SallyClaire

Hi there, havn't forgotten you!! Will be doing an update very soon so look out for it!! Computer being a pig downloading photos at mo but promise some very soon. How are your plans coming on???
Lizx
Thanks Liz! Looking forward to the pics when you can manage it.
Have sent you an e-mail!
Old May 26th 2008, 2:43 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Liz
Glad to see you made it safely to 'Bixville'.....LOL
How's Jen's visa application going? Hope it doesn't take too long before she can join you with the dog.
Post some photos when you can.......it's blowing a gale here today and raining
Take care hun and enjoy your new bike!!!!
Beth x x
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi Liz
Glad to see you made it safely to 'Bixville'.....LOL
How's Jen's visa application going? Hope it doesn't take too long before she can join you with the dog.
Post some photos when you can.......it's blowing a gale here today and raining
Take care hun and enjoy your new bike!!!!
Beth x x

Hey Beth

jen here now so no more freedom for me!!!
Bike is amazing..been all over on it..weather fab..28-30 degrees. Went to Green Island other day and just lazed around..too many Japanese tourists though so will opt for quieter island next time....
Just need to find Jen a job now..
Had a few complications with the dog..blood test failed ..for leptospirosis but passed second attempt. he is in Sydney Quarantine and apparently sulking!! they all think he is gorgeous there so hopefully he will get lots of fuss.
How are your plans coming on? please dont tell me you are going to change your mind again!! Ha ha.
Lizx
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix

Or does she fly ?
Did Babinda to Cairns in 35 mins on\motorbike other day..stuck to speed limit of course!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:24 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Beth

jen here now so no more freedom for me!!!
Bike is amazing..been all over on it..weather fab..28-30 degrees. Went to Green Island other day and just lazed around..too many Japanese tourists though so will opt for quieter island next time....
Just need to find Jen a job now..
Had a few complications with the dog..blood test failed ..for leptospirosis but passed second attempt. he is in Sydney Quarantine and apparently sulking!! they all think he is gorgeous there so hopefully he will get lots of fuss.
How are your plans coming on? please dont tell me you are going to change your mind again!! Ha ha.
Lizx
Hey....brilliant news that Jen is out with you.....that was very quick!!!!
Looks like we will have to validate.........visa expires in 18 weeks
Your dog is gorgeous..........my girls would love one of them!!!!!!
Don't you go speeding around Cairns now you rebel....LOL
Beth x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.