Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG..I AM MOVING TO CAINS TONIGHT!!!!

OMG..I AM MOVING TO CAINS TONIGHT!!!!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG..I AM MOVING TO CAINS TONIGHT!!!!

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I think the problem is very simple......

no Green card for Cains Salisbury, PA

WW
CAIRNS..I do know how to spell it, honest.....and i am here now at last and Gill did make a cup of tea..and many since..Mikey P, trudi, Karen..look forward to meeting you at the meet up...see you Saturday night karen..

Cairns is better than I remembered and I will not be going back to Blighty thats for sure..will do an update soon.
the neighbours have all been round with cakes, beer etc and have helped out and made me feel really welcome.
The house is great with a swimming pool and walking distance to the beach. It is very refreshing to go into the local shop and not be met with miserable faces....
Even ordered a new sportsbike today and it is 2,500 cheaper than the U.k.
Just need to get the Mrs and dog here now!!

Thanks for all the well wishes...

Lizx
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by this charming man
Cains? the Liverpool brewery? Whys everyone getting excited about this? They do tours for a fiver.
C'mon....a small spelling mistake...let it go!!!! What beer do they brew at cains brewery!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Gill, some new resident has the cheek to take your name and avatar I'd set Bix on her, tell her what's what
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hey, Gill, some new resident has the cheek to take your name and avatar I'd set Bix on her, tell her what's what

HA HA HA

Its been a LONG day

She must still be jet lagged
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Sorry Pen.
No time to talk - busy cooking
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Sorry Pen.
No time to talk - busy cooking
So Bix is right then....

WW
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

CAIRNS..I do know how to spell it, honest.....and i am here now at last and Gill did make a cup of tea..and many since..Mikey P, trudi, Karen..look forward to meeting you at the meet up...see you Saturday night karen..

Cairns is better than I remembered and I will not be going back to Blighty thats for sure..will do an update soon.
the neighbours have all been round with cakes, beer etc and have helped out and made me feel really welcome.
The house is great with a swimming pool and walking distance to the beach. It is very refreshing to go into the local shop and not be met with miserable faces....
Even ordered a new sportsbike today and it is 2,500 cheaper than the U.k.
Just need to get the Mrs and dog here now!!

Thanks for all the well wishes...

Lizx
Have only just seen this thread!
Glad you are enjoying life so far Liz. looking forward to a proper update soon (with pics)
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
So Bix is right then....

WW
Glad we can give you a laugh WW Bix is ALWAYS right you know that

Have a good weekend - the sun is shining - lovely

Gill
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Glad you are enjoying life so far Liz. looking forward to a proper update soon (with pics)
Hi
I'm sure Liz will be attaching loads of pics when she is on line soon - using our PC at the mo. Her first week has been eventful and busy but not all the time - we had a cuppa yesterday with our feet dangling in her pool with the sun pouring down sparkling on the water and us aaahhh Twas good

Have a good weekend - we're doing a BBQ for Liz tomorrow - sure its gonna be LOL!! Well, shes already ate one of me pork roasts, spagetti bolgenese and hasn't collapsed yet so................

Gill
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I'm sure Liz will be attaching loads of pics when she is on line soon - using our PC at the mo. Her first week has been eventful and busy but not all the time - we had a cuppa yesterday with our feet dangling in her pool with the sun pouring down sparkling on the water and us aaahhh Twas good

Have a good weekend - we're doing a BBQ for Liz tomorrow - sure its gonna be LOL!! Well, shes already ate one of me pork roasts, spagetti bolgenese and hasn't collapsed yet so................

Gill
Sounds great Gill. Hope you all have a great weekend
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds great Gill. Hope you all have a great weekend
Cheers
It has been good so far - another lovely sunny day in Cairns. Looking forward to our BBQ later - no doubt Liz will send a few messages whilst she is here cause shes not on-line yet and its driving her MAD

Have a good one yourself
Gill
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Loads of luck with your new life in Cairns, we're coming out at the end of June and are very jealous you're off now! Hope to see you all sometime at a Cairns meet!

Ruth & Adam x
hey...looking forward to meeting both of you..will be good to have a few younger ones over here...not anything against older ones like me..I am 40 but act 25!!!! Will be having a BBQ in June sometime so you will have to come over..do you know where you are heading? I am at Kewarra beach and love it.really nice neighbours, nice beach and even nicer swimming pool in the garden. cairns is better than I remember..another week off before starting work so making the most of it!

keep us updated..good luck with your plans.

Lizx
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikeyp
Belated Bon Voyage!

Hope the trip is/was a good one - catch you at the meet up on the 26th

Mike

Looking forward to meeting you both at the meet next week..you aren't far away from us at Trinity Park..we at Kewarra Beach..or should I say just me (Liz) until 28th May when Jen gets here...
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi Liz i know you a are already on the way but only just seen this as internet has been on the blink.

See you soon

kaye x
Looking forward to meeting you very soon hopefully Kaye.
Lizx
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi SallyClaire

I promise to do an update this week with piccies..have bought a lush sportsbike and have been touring the area and taking lots of piccies...love cairns..nice people and stunning scenery. Where are you heading? We just looked up the place you mentioned, beginning with P. It looks very very small, a long way from anywhere else and very little to do there...it has one cafe, one hotel/restauarant and one bowling club restaurant...do we need to say more?? What bigger places are you considering? I would highly recommend cairns...just love it here..depends what you want I guess...my photos will convince you!!

Will update soon.

Lizx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.