Olympics

Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympics

Originally Posted by adamlt1972
By all means blame Brown and he cronies for mishandling Northern Rock, Iraq and knife crime, but they're not at fault for everything.
Oh bugger, really? But they're so convenient and obnoxious
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridie
are we the only ones who find the olympics extremely booooooooring

give me the winter olympics anytime - love the luge, ski jumping etc, far more interesting
Thank god for foxtel hey!

Oh to the original poster - There are websites that you can go to that give you a fake ip (it tells the website you are in the UK) so when you click on the BBC - it thinks you are in the UK so lets you watch it - I used to do it when I wanted to watch some C4 programs, I used a site called "hide my ass", I havent used it in a while, but you can try that.

If you just google "hide ip" or "change ip address" etc etc you will get a lot of sites, even google "watch BBC UK from Australia" and i'm sure you will get some forum giving you links on how they did it.

Mikey
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
The more pertinent question is why the BBC refuses to stream its coverage outside the United Kingdom.
It’s because of rights and broadcasting agreements in other countries. For example, Channel 7 has the exclusive rights to show live coverage in Australia – so if BBC broadcasts live online available to Australian viewers then they would be breaching the exclusiveness that Channel 7 has paid for. NBC in the states has it, etc etc.

It's the same with most TV shows, so most countries only allow viewers there to view it. But as I said above, there are plenty of ways to get around it.

Mikey